I conclude that melee assassins have the WORST farming potential at mid lane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dpaladinx

11-28-2012

The reason? Long range mages can harass them and farm easily and can push the lane much harder towards your tower. Note that it's very hard to farm near your tower (Yes I know about the mechanics of the tower. For melees, attack the melee once, let the tower hit them twice and AA once. For ranged, hit it once, let the tower hit it, and hit it again). The problem is that the tower doesn't always hit the minion that you want to kill, and you get screwed over on CS when a wave of your minions come and try to help.

The biggest offender here is the adorable Fizz. Max his E first. Sure, I can farm more easily near the tower. Whoops, wasted a lot of mana and my potential escape. Max his W first; better last hitting. Oh ****, Lux just used her bind and AoE slow spell when I try to last hit that low HP minion for the spike damage and grabs the first kill. Yes, I know boots and three potions help. However, it's really hard to try to dodge the skillshots and AoE spells AND try to last hit at the right time at the same time. I'm saying that Fizz has a very terrible skillset that would allow the melee assassin to farm safely AND effectively. Heck, even I think Talon has better farming potential than Fizz (and his Rake when ranked a lot wastes a LOT of mana).

Now there are some melee assassins like Katarina and Akali do have great farming potential. However, this is because they don't use mana when they use their skills and are limited by their cooldowns (in the case with Akali, energy). And these champions are meant for newbies anyways.

My point being is that I fail to see why ppl choose to play AP melee assassins in the mid lane when they can get harassed and pushed easily by long range mages. Heck, even short range mages like Annie, Ryze, and Kennen can **** Talon, Akali, and Fizz over in a long shot. Sure, they are supposed to COUNTER them because most of them are gap closers. However, their farming potential is very bad there since they get pushed hard. If you want better counter to long range mages during the laning phase, fight fire with fire. Fight the long range with long range.

I'm planning on getting Fizz to counter the long range mages and AD carries. However, I think Fizz is better top lane since most folks at top are melee like Fizz.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

You are playing Fizz wrong if you are not the guy zoning the enemy ap mid.

Dpaladinx

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
You are playing Fizz wrong if you are not the guy zoning the enemy ap mid.
How am I suppose to last hit a minion with Fizz when Lux can simply use her bind on me when I try to grab that last hit (which then bars me from using his Q or E)?

WickedArts

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

Not to sound mean but it appears you just need a better understanding of those champions I for one love Fizz he is an amazing champ with a great kit for 1v1 domination you just need to understand that he is there to nuke the other ap you can easily bully you're lane with him especially against champs like lux that has all skill shots Fizz easily dodges these and then BOOM goes the lux beacuse she now is on cool downs and will never out aa you so you should win the lane and by doing so make farming easy. However on a side note my personal opinion on Fizz he is an amazing nuke though I have found it hard to carry a team with him no matter how fed he gets which actually makes me sad cause he is my second favorite champ to play. Good luck on learning Fizz though he's tons of fun :)

hellrazor22

11-28-2012

" And these champions are meant for newbies anyways."
Wait what? Dude I don't know which game you are playing but its not the same as all of us here play. And you should do some better researching before jumping to conclusions like you did in this post...

Darker Chiu

11-28-2012

Fizz counters Lux though.

And if Assassins get any better than what they already are, then they would be broken af.
Assassins are built to roam. Not to sustain in lane.

Dpaladinx

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337wafflez View Post
Fizz counters Lux though.

And if Assassins get any better than what they already are, then they would be broken af.
Assassins are built to roam. Not to sustain in lane.
So I have to wait for the jungler to come in and help me, THEN I could roam and gank then?

But farming with assassins is much easier than say trying to chase the enemy champion (with a high chance of being ****ed by the enemy tower if I do so).

acosn

11-28-2012

Fizz is a hard counter for virtually any soft AP mid.

If lux can't land her skill shot, she's screwed.

You shouldn't play melee assassins if you can't dodge predictable skill shots. Your job isn't farming. Your strong point is early game. If you can't cement a strong gold base by killing the enemy team you're not playing Fizz properly.

Wickian

11-28-2012

It depends in the enemy see's you as a threat or not. Any assassin with a jump/teleport-to-you skill with usually intimidate a squishy caster to back off if they are any good.

Shadow Wolf 47

11-29-2012

Akali is for newbies....I disagree. Easy to learn, but harder to master.
Fizz destroys Lux....snare coming? Rejected. Gonna push your wave? well, I'll jump in, kill you, then gtfo. You hide under tower? initiate with r, Q in while r is flying towards them, W- AA, then gtfo with E....just sayin