How to carry intentional losers?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wrsthnsatn667

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

Well I've been working on improving my game, and I'm proud to say I can now carry scrubs. There still exists one problem: People clearly losing on purpose.

As this post says, how can I carry when people lose on purpose? What are the secrets to carrying someone who is raging for no reason, so they steal CS as a support, or they never leave jungle, or never team fight, or blatantly ignore and say "no" to team communication?

I'm trying to raise my elo, which must occur by winning (elo should be changed to being called "Luck and probability of the RNG"). I've worked hard to be able to carry people who are just plain bad, but apparently the pros are still able to carry when two people are trolling, feeding, etc etc. How can I obtain these mystical powers?

Grollm

11-28-2012

After looking at your match history, I feel that your major hinge is last hitting. Trust me, I'm not a master at it, I'm decent, I can usually get about 50-60% of the CS I'm supposed to have. I'm sure you're probably really good at beating people in lane, but last hitting is SUPER important and a lot of people overlook it. Try reading this guide http://www.lolpro.com/guides/game-pl...e-last-hitting
It even gives you a formula of how to effectively last hit minions under your tower. It is somewhat more difficult to last hit in the lower elos, because a lot of times your opponents don't understand it either, so they focus more on harrassing you out of lane than farming. You'll notice though if you get into the 1700-1800 bracket you'll notice a lot less harass and a lot more farming. One thing that I started doing to help myself with last hitting is getting a friend and doing a 1 v 1 custom and just practice last hitting with my favorite champs, until I can get almost 100% of the CS in the wave. Just to give you an idea, at 10 minutes, 114 enemy minions will reach your lane. If you hit 100%(which is impossible, but just to give you a reference point) you would have $2,418 gold! Holy ****! Just from last hitting! Now imagine if you're last hitting like a boss AND get 1 or 2 kills. You are going to be so far ahead of your enemy and teammates that it's going to be staggering. Just my two cents. Take it or leave it.

wrsthnsatn667

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

Yeah my match history is a bad example xD. I got counterpicked three times, they invaded when I was jungle mumu and I got no protection, and they shut me down pretty hard, and when I was Zyra I was supposed to trade for nidalee, but the dude "DC'd" so I went support Zyra. I know I've had some pretty bad games recently, but even if I do well it seems to go down hill in the long run.

I know the importance of last hitting but I do agree I overlook it sometimes for harass. I'm generally okay at it, but with all those numbers you crunched at me I think I'll find pushing/harassing/denying less valuable than making sure to get as many as possibly available. I'll try it out, I'm sure it will help. Thanks a ton!

Grollm

11-28-2012

No worries bro. When I looked into too, I was like holy ****! 2.4k! That's enough gold to basically buy any item I want! There is a place for harassment and zoning, but you want to try to farm too and then is when it gets to be more difficult. There is also a thing called counterhitting. Where basically you keep an eye on the allied minions as well as the enemy minions, and when your lane opponent moves in to last hit one of your creep, you simultaneously auto attack him back. Since your opponent can't last hit the minion AND hit you, you basically get free harass with no reprisal or trade. Also if you are playing a manaless champ or a champ that has great sustain and your enemy isn't(Cho'gath), harass your ass off. They can't do anything about it.