So the best "supports" right now aren't support characters?

12345678 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

oddish33

11-28-2012

Actual supports (mainly Janna and Soraka) need some buffs and Zyra and Blitz need some nerfs. Then I think supports will be pretty balanced.

Tutor Lundist

11-28-2012

Soraka counters Zyra.

ratcharmer

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzdaym View Post
Soraka counters Zyra.
Would you care to expand on this? I've been trying to go through their kits in my head and figure out what Soraka has that could shut Zyra down . . .

harry13aals

11-28-2012

My only regret is that I can't upvote the OP any harder.

Twillera

11-28-2012

wait till season 3 bro. Dem support buffs, omfgfogmfgf its amazing.

ratcharmer

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by eceto View Post
wait till season 3 bro. Dem support buffs, omfgfogmfgf its amazing.
I'm hopeful about season 3.

Definitely still concerned that the increased cash flow will help fighters/mages who are 0-csing more than it will Janna/Sona/Lulu etc . . .

I guess there's really nothing for it but to wait and see at this point.

Dragull2

11-28-2012

The thing that bugs me is:
Why Riot nerf supports so hard.
I mean, even the aggressive ones, like Alistar or Janna?

Are they OP? Maybe, but seriously, WHO THE HELL CARES?

Make every support "OP", it will only make people want to support, instead of being an unpopular role.
If all supports are OP, but balanced among themselves, it's good.

Cerulean Laser

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitaxy1 View Post
Support LeBlanc..

Seriously, build her a philo stone and then go off-AP starting with a mejais. If you don't get stacks, oh well, it's a little AP but you're a support, you're not expected to stomp. The passive from the philo--stone also reduces the possible loss of gold if you can't seem to reach 5 stacks, which you definitely will surpass in mid game given your ability to escape. If you do get stacks, the other team can have fun building negatrons while your top and carry rip their hearts out, dice them into small chunks, and then feed them to wives! Olaf is especially good at this.

It is more-or-less a pub pick right now, but in the future, who knows? (I have a friend with 850 wins who mains LeBlanc mid exclusively apart from his Fizz mid games, and he plays LB support all the time and does surprising well)
It's also really fun and it will get your mind off of Riot's current disinterest in going anywhere with supports. Nami is cool, but she, as a champion, won't fix the support scene.

With that being said, I like kill supports much more than the traditional support, I just don't like it when people play a champion and go bot with the AD just so they can play the champion, regardless of role. I am OK with the current supports being played right now. It's changing the game. This sort of change is OK. The game is no less good or no better than it was a year ago in terms of its entertainment value.

When I play against Zyra or Blitz, my positioning must be perfect, therefore I have to concentrate more on it than zoning or farming. This changes how I play. It adds more depth to bot lane, which used to be Carry/SustainSupport vs Carry/SustainSupport in a mechanics battle until the jungler came.... boring. Mechanics are very cool, but just going military robot drone mode to farm for 15-20 minutes whilst nothing else happening can be a bit tedious for some and is boring to watch.

It makes you a better player in the end, even if you don't realize it.
Support LeBlanc is just hilarious especially with a Rylai ^_^

Cerulean Laser

11-28-2012

Blitzcrunk Rocket Grab = Nautilus Dredge Line = Leona Zenith Blade = Taric Dazzle = First Blood.

ratcharmer

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerulean Laser View Post
Support LeBlanc is just hilarious especially with a Rylai ^_^
How do you afford a Rylai as a 0-cs?

12345678 ... 9