Need some ranked help.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sileñce

11-28-2012

Hey all, my name is Silece. The n made with holding alt and hitting 164.
Recently i have played a ton of ranked games, and made a friend who is around my skill level and we are now duo partners. But we have a problem, whenever we play we tend to be on the losing side despite being good, we arent a 2 man team, we are both team players, and we will play whatever position we need to, alternating as support when it is needed to be played by one of us.
Our teammates are decent alot of the time, but never excelling., and often times they can be bad/make bad decisions/have a bad game. As a team we do all we can to help but more often than not it isnt enough.
I personally jungle most of the time, i keep tabs on the enemy jungler with wards, ping/call when i think hes ganking a certain lane, countergank, ward buffs/baron/dragon, i try not to make stupid plays, i normally dont, I was at a 1300 elo last season, around there. And it was still easy when the teams were even skill and i was alittle better than alot.
Right now im at 1130~ elo and i just dont understand what i am doing wrong, or if it is even me. My stats on lolking arent the greatest but i do have good kda ratios generally, and i have a good champion pool and am efficent with several champions in every role.
My friend/duo partner is Arceant, maybe check his stats too.
Any replies/advice i am open to, i feel i am a higher elo that i play at, and many people in games say so as well, it may not be correct but ive been 1300 before, and it wasnt too difficult to keep climbing. i stopped ranked at the end of last season to try and learn/master more champions to help me out in the new season.
Thanks for your time. You can add me in game, or i can add you if you cannot spell my name, just post on this. Thank you all.

Edit:
My top 3 matches that are losses on LolKing, the maokai game was a 4v5 not in my favor, my adc had d/c and never returned. never even started the game. we did well, but couldnt pull out the win from the disadvantage.
Udyr game, did well early, but as a team we couldnt keep up in teamfights, resulting in deaths.
Ezreal match, Kind of my fault kinda not, i got owned every teamfight by an irelia, and my fed top lane darius and jungler rammus (duo) didnt peel, and i couldnt get away from this irelia even with Arcance Shift, Flash, and phage procs. She had free game on me, Maybe my positioning could have been better. But irelia had ~13 kills.

Im not blaming anybody here really, just informing.
Replays are on LOLReplay.

Penninger

11-28-2012

Just practice brotha, elo is more of a reflection of your ability to carry rather than your skill. You can't always count on your team so you have to be able to count on yourself(:

Sileñce

11-28-2012

Yes, but in most scenarios i am not really a carry, i play lee sin alot, im good with him, i can use him very efficiently. i may be able to "carry" early/late game, but it isnt enough late game. if the team capitalizes on the things i may make happen (i.e. ward-hop/flash ulting the enemy adc/fed person into the middle of my team and destroying them" then we win. but more often than not, the teammates i have lose in lane despite any advantages i may give them, they just get sheer outplayed and outskilled, even if they counter the enemy champion. I cannot carry a game alone, the only time i can is if i am vayne, and the enemy laners make bad decisions (not very good chance to rely on eh?) I just dont know if im doing something wrong with the team, i peel, i initiate, i dont wait for someone to be out of position, i make them out of position and i can easily live through it. (lee sin)
i pretty much play well consistently. but my stats cant reflect it alot of the time because the enemy team gets a huge lead and we cant fight them without losing the fight hard.

Penninger

11-28-2012

If you play consistently well then things should start to look up for you. Lee Sin is capable of carrying at low elo. Hope things turn around for you, if ranked isn't going well right now instead of digging yourself in a hole practice at normals for awhile before going back to ranked.

Enfillyon

11-28-2012

I took a quick look and nothing I can see from your stats tells whats going on without me having to watch the game to see what went wrong.

If youre doing everything you should be and cant close out games then it's either your teamcomp thats losing to theirs or someone isnt teamfighting correctly.

One thing I noticed is that you have a pretty huge pool of champions relative to the amount of games youve played. 24 champs, 80 games. I think my champ pool at the end of S2 was that big and i had a little under 400 games played total. The point I'm trying to make is that you should play your best champions if you want to climb. You may be able to play one champ at a high level but that doesnt mean you can play other champs at that level as well. Counterpicking is strong but it's only a crutch unless you have the skill to back it up.

Sileñce

11-28-2012

i do have a fairly large pool of champions, but i try to use the champ that most fits my team comp, like using vayne/nunu instead of ezreal/nunu because of the synergy. i try and cover what we need most in the team comp, to try and make the game go easier for all.