Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Rengar: Overnerfed without taking into account Season 3 Jungle and Gold Changes.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EzraTwitch

11-28-2012

Rengar is in a Terrible spot on the PBE right now.

He already clears wolves very slowly in season 2, In season 3 he takes way to much damage compared other jungles, and his clear speed has slowed too a crawl.

Additionally with raising of ambient gold and the price reduction in BF Sword (A full 100 gold less) Bonetooth necklace has become extremely sub-par and gold inefficient as an item.

Proposed Solutions.

Revert the CDR nerf to Savagery back to 6 seconds at all ranks(Patch:V1.0.0.148) (But not the damage nerfs of Patch:V1.0.0.150)

Revert the +10 Damage nerf to bonetooth knecklace (Patch:V1.0.0.150): or Alternatively Increase it to +3 Damage per level.)

Thoughts.

namora

11-28-2012

His jungle now is fairly terrible, and I have to say that one is all Riots fault, they gave him a kit that turns him into amazing ganker, then they nerfed everybody(or at least that was the goal) who could typically gank all game with very little jungle gold. Now Rengar is outclassed by his arch-nemesis, Kha'zix who can adapt to these changes far more easily.

Q.Q poor rengar.

Soulwolf

11-28-2012

rengar was twoshotting squishies with only a dorans blade .

PLEASE DO NOT EVER BRING THAT BACK

KTHXBYE

IonDragonX

11-28-2012

Quote:
EzraTwitch:
Rengar is in a Terrible spot on the PBE right now. He already clears wolves very slowly in season 2, In season 3 he takes way to much damage compared other jungles, and his clear speed has slowed too a crawl.

I can agree here. Cutting his natural health regen in half looks really silly with S3 jungle. However, he speeds up significantly when he hits level 3. Until they fix him, a good leash will go a long way.
Quote:
Revert the CDR nerf to Savagery back to 6 seconds at all ranks(Patch:V1.0.0.148) (But not the damage nerfs of Patch:V1.0.0.150)

This would be a good solution. It might still do too much damage PvP, tho. I think it would be better if the attack speed buff lasted 1 more second. The extra hits with the Hunter's Machete would help. Also add 1 second of duration to his W's armor buff.
Quote:
Revert the +10 Damage nerf to bonetooth knecklace (Patch:V1.0.0.150): or Alternatively Increase it to +3 Damage per level.)

I think it would be better to simply reduce the item's price. It shouldn't be a good item unless you know that you can snowball. That said, here's what I really want the Necklace to be:

Quote:
+2 attack damage per level
UNIQUE Passive - Butcher: Damage dealt to monsters increased by 20%
Rengar collects trophies when killing Champions, and gains bonus effects based on how many trophies he has. Kills and assists grant 1 trophy, and 1 trophy is lost on death.
3 Trophies: +10 armor penetration, +5% cooldown reduction, +14 Health Regen/5
6 Trophies: +25 movement speed, Butcher increases to 25%
9 Trophies: Rengar's leap gains 150 bonus range.
14 Trophies: Thrill of the Hunt's duration is increased by 4 seconds. Additionally, Rengar's next ability used after activating Thrill of the Hunt generates 1 bonus Ferocity.
This basically becomes his own Spirit Stone item. Allowing him to turn his Hunter's Machete into a Wriggles Lantern without losing the Butcher passive and health regen from the other build tree.

cn0n

11-28-2012

Quote:
IonDragonX:
+2 attack damage per level
UNIQUE Passive - Butcher: Damage dealt to monsters increased by 20%
Rengar collects trophies when killing Champions, and gains bonus effects based on how many trophies he has. Kills and assists grant 1 trophy, and 1 trophy is lost on death.
3 Trophies: +10 armor penetration, +5% cooldown reduction, +14 Health Regen/5
6 Trophies: +25 movement speed, Butcher increases to 25%
9 Trophies: Rengar's leap gains 150 bonus range.
14 Trophies: Thrill of the Hunt's duration is increased by 4 seconds. Additionally, Rengar's next ability used after activating Thrill of the Hunt generates 1 bonus Ferocity.

This basically becomes his own Spirit Stone item. Allowing him to turn his Hunter's Machete into a Wriggles Lantern without losing the Butcher passive and health regen from the other build tree.

I was on board with this until the last part. I initially thought you wanted the necklace to build from machete, which sounds great. Having the butcher passive without involving the machete, not so much.

IonDragonX

11-28-2012

Quote:
cn0n:
I was on board with this until the last part. I initially thought you wanted the necklace to build from machete, which sounds great. Having the butcher passive without involving the machete, not so much.

That would be fine with me. There's no reason why the necklace can't have a recipe (Hunter's Machete + 500)

GurkenMAN

11-29-2012

Quote:
EzraTwitch:
Rengar is in a Terrible spot on the PBE right now.

He already clears wolves very slowly in season 2, In season 3 he takes way to much damage compared other jungles, and his clear speed has slowed too a crawl.

Additionally with raising of ambient gold and the price reduction in BF Sword (A full 100 gold less) Bonetooth necklace has become extremely sub-par and gold inefficient as an item.

Proposed Solutions.

Thoughts.

No.

Only thing i could imagine to help him is giving some lategamepower to his early game. Like 4 more base armor but 0,25 less per lv or something.

Damagebonus and aspd on lv1 isnt the worst lv1 skill for the jungle btw...

Mysnomer

11-29-2012

Quote:
IonDragonX:
That would be fine with me. There's no reason why the necklace can't have a recipe (Hunter's Machete + 500)

bleh, I don't like that at all. And anyway, isn't Wriggle's getting patched to get the Butcher passive?
Bonetooth shouldn't have a recipe, and while I like your changes to make him a better a jungler, I feel Bonetooth should be useable on Rengar, no matter his role. If Riot gave it jungling buffs, they'd likely tweak other areas, rather than straight-up buffing it, and I'm not sure I'd like the trade-off.

FullMetalSnorlax

11-29-2012

They nerfed top lane Rengar, nobody cared about jungle Rengar then, and people care less about it now.

Taikero

11-29-2012

If they granted a bit more early mitigation with crappier scaling into late game (for similar late results, mind you), that would probably make Jungle Rengar more viable in S3.

That said, they won't touch Rengar until at least this first patch makes it live. Too much is going on for them to make Champion changes so close to these Item and Mastery changes.