Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Will kennen be viable in season3?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wanish

11-28-2012

I mean, i just saw the new dorans ring, and i think after that item, mana won't be a problem for casters, so i can't oom them the other thing, i used to start with dorans shield for the sustain, but they rly nerf its armor and regen. What do you think, will it worth to start with dorans blade on kennen? and now i can't take utility mastery for the spellvamp, will the spellvamp runes still be better than flat AP in s3?

Xocolatl

Recruiter

11-28-2012

The runes depends very much on your play style. If you get to use it, then yeah, it's good. But since Kennen has mostly point blank AoEs, it will be tricky to use the runes, since its effects are diminished, and you must take a pretty high risk to use it. Remember, Shuriken is a skillshot, so you can't poke while hiding behind minions. But the only safe way to Lightning Rush someone is through your minions. It's a real conundrum.

I don't play Kennen much, but I would go boots+pots instead. He can poke from quite out of the way, and the extra speed will make it much easier to do that.

Penninger

11-28-2012

Boots +3 pots is the only way to go with kennen imo. Them switching around the dorans doesn't much afftect him(:

Wanish

11-28-2012

but i ask about season 3, the shoes will be only +25movement and they buffing dorans. So i think dorans will be better.

Penninger

11-28-2012

Boots and pots will still be your best bet. Dorans are only effective if they substantially help your laning, seems how they don't build into anything. Thats my opinion on the subject. I'm gold rated with almost all of my ranked games with kennen.

Dpaladinx

11-28-2012

Boots and 3 potions is still the meta for early game Kennen. You see, unlike most short-range mages like Annie and Ryze, he uses energy as his sustain (and regains them quickly). And you need to use E to dodge some of the nastiest skillshots from enemy champions. Sure, he will be ****ed over by the long range ones say like Brand, Lux, and Ziggs. However, he can screw the **** over on the gap closer assassins like Akali, Fizz, and *cough, cough. No ultimate for you* Katarina.

This is almost the similar logic why AP gap-closer melee assassins (or in the case of Talon, AD) need the boots and 3 potions at the start. This is because instead of farming CS safely, they need to spend their time trying to dodge the enemy skills and play more defensively. This is the main reason why I think the gap-closer melee assassins usually have the worst early game farming potential when compared to long range pushers like Morganna, Lux, and Ziggs when it comes to mid lane (except Kat and Akali, but mainly because they don't use mana for their skills and are meant for newbies).