[Discussion] Physical AoE Corki

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blarfles

11-23-2009

So I've started playing Corki with

1. Bomb
2. Valk
3. Bomb
4. Valk
5. Bomb
6. Ult
7. Bomb
8. Valk
9. Bomb
10. Valk
11. Ult
12. Valk
13. Gun
14. Gun
15. Gun
16. Ult
17. Gun

Teleport + Clarity

Go into lane with Regen Pendant and Faerie Charm, 1 Health Potion

Farm (In order)

1. Boots
2. Frozen Mallet (Usually phage + boots at the same time)
3. Berserk Greaves
4. Guinsoo's Rageblade
5. Tiamat
6. Black Cleaver
7. Infinity Dagger

Therefore finishing

1. Greaves
2. Frozen Mallet
3. Rageblade
4. Tiamat
5. Cleaver
6. Infinity Dagger

No items are wasted, everything besides consumables are turned into further items, therefore becoming VERY cost efficient. A huge amount of physical AoE DPS is put out through Gatling Gun, and your survivability is covered.

Overall, I have dominated games I play with this build. Last game was 21/3/25.

Thoughts?

GreyPowerVan

11-23-2009

Sounds about like what I do.

It's good.

Although instead of using clarity I use exhaust

Blarfles

11-24-2009

I tend to go Clarity because of my early mana dependance. Usually I go solo mid and spam Phosphorus Bomb everywhere and don't want to waste money on extra mana regeneration. Also helps in pushes and team clashes.

Glorious Bird

11-24-2009

Yeah, but AP AoE Corki is good all game. Physical Corki is only good end game after he is stacked - and even then I doubt the steady damage from gatling (1-trick pony much?) is comparable to his other skills pumped up with AP.

If you had to have some physical damage in your build which is beyond me atleast get Trinity Force or something.

Focusing damage to buff one of Corki's 4 awesome skills just makes little sense especially when you could be playing a better range carry that uses all their skills to synergize with damage.

It's kind of like going DPS Kassius. You could do it but why?

Mortenya

11-24-2009

I've tried AP corki, but found it didn't work as well for me. AP teemo > AP corki IMHO.

I often go something like:
sapphire + 2 health pots
sheen
zerk boots
phage --> zeal --> trinity force
B.F. sword --> Infinity
malady or executioners or defense item.

i don't often make it past infinity, they game is normally decided either way by then.

one reason i don't like AP corki is that I feel he scales much worse than other nukers overall. once i see a good corki run AP, i'll change my mind, but i haven't run into any that were effective for their team.

Pigsticker

11-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suruga Monkey View Post
Yeah, but AP AoE Corki is good all game. Physical Corki is only good end game after he is stacked - and even then I doubt the steady damage from gatling (1-trick pony much?) is comparable to his other skills pumped up with AP.

If you had to have some physical damage in your build which is beyond me atleast get Trinity Force or something.

Focusing damage to buff one of Corki's 4 awesome skills just makes little since especially when you could be playing a better range carry that uses all their skills to synergize with damage.

New here? I don't know who Kassius is but theres no way you just compared a Atk based Corki to an Atk based Karthus or Kassadin.

These are Corki's AP coefficients:

Phosphorus Bomb 0.5
Valkyrie 0.4
Missle Barrage 0.3

Those are some of the lowest of any hybrid champion. It takes 333 AP to just get 100 more damage to a missile and that's obviously before MR. You're realistically looking at 60-70 added damage even with some MR pen. His AP ratios for PBomb and Valk are slightly higher but those are situational abilities that are used to escape and protect as much as they are to kill.

After Corki's AP coefficients were nerfed like 3 patches ago, his highest damage ability definitely switched over to Gatling Gun. That's whats shredding people in team fights. You also are forgetting his passive and how powerful true damage is in this game.

Its not that a Atk based Corki doesn't rely on his AP based abilities to do damage. Its just very inefficient to try and increase their damage as opposed to his auto attack and GG damage.

Zine

11-24-2009

I agree with pigsticker. AP Corki will lose 100% of the time to an attack damage Corki. He will also have a much harder time taking down high HP targets and pumping out sustained DPS.

I find that the best Corki build is straight damage. I like to get 2-3 bloodthirsters on him if the game lasts long enough since these are the highest damage items in game. Infinity edge isn't a bad choice either.

When I first started playing Corki I went with hybrid builds. While I still won, I wasn't dominating. Then I swticed to pure DPS and I went something like 12 games in a row without a loss with him. Since then I have tried going back to Hybrid/AP builds and found them to be very weak. Here is my item progression.

Meki Pendant + 2 HP pots
Chalice + Vampiric Scepter + lvl 1 boots + whatever pots I can afford
BF sword
Bloodthirster + Beserker boots
Start building more bloodthirsters or a banshees veil if the other team has a lot of disables.

Blarfles

11-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suruga Monkey View Post

Focusing damage to buff one of Corki's 4 awesome skills just makes little sense especially when you could be playing a better range carry that uses all their skills to synergize with damage.

AP does very little overall DPS for Corki. If you build physical DPS, not only do you still have rather powerful abilities, you also have strong auto attack and an INCREDIBLY powerful gatling gun.

The point is your abilities are FAR from useless and do just about as much damage as an AP Corki would do, but you also have strong DPS and a pseudo-overpowered skill called Gatling Gun.

Blarfles

11-24-2009

Double post for a game.

Last game I played was solo mid versus AP Corki. I destroyed him.. Hard.

Blarfles

11-25-2009

Bump?

On the issue of Trinity Force, i don't actually find it that incredibly useful. Most of my damage comes from Gatling Gun, and though the single target +damage every 3 seconds is useful, I really don't use it well with my playstyle.