Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

When ENEMY SUMMONER dodges, please give the other team the option to queue together!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elf Elix

01-01-2013

Quote:
Ginga:

. Afraid premades will abuse it? Then turn it off for premades so that only random players may vote-kick.

So if a premade of 3 get in a game, and 2 people want to troll then they cannot do anything about it? Grand idea. While we're at it let's make sure the 2 trolls can vote and can easily get the edge in the 2/2 voting choice.

What's more is there can be games where a group of foreigners (2-4) are playing and get picked on by the english speaking or vice versa, so people don't have a choice at a game just because they couldn't communicate. (there could be a queue option to fix this easily)

Roshamboh

01-01-2013

I cannot like this idea enough, any method of allowing dodgers to cause less harm is valued imho.

Ginga

Recruiter

01-05-2013

Quote:
Pker5256:
So if a premade of 3 get in a game, and 2 people want to troll then they cannot do anything about it? Grand idea. While we're at it let's make sure the 2 trolls can vote and can easily get the edge in the 2/2 voting choice.

What's more is there can be games where a group of foreigners (2-4) are playing and get picked on by the english speaking or vice versa, so people don't have a choice at a game just because they couldn't communicate. (there could be a queue option to fix this easily)

This will only affect Normal Blind pick. In ranked games it's either duo queue with 3 randoms or a 5-man team(which won't have any effect).

Not to mention, your hypothetical scenario relies on the possibility of two trolls randomly being matched matched into premade 3's AND they agree to cooperate to troll. As for your foreigner argument...LoL is a team game that requires communication. If you can't even communicate with your teammates, then yeah, kick em and let them queue with others who speak their language.

Let's look at costs and rewards here. Is your consequences that you came up with worst or better than the current system we currently have? Because I can assure you, there is no way you can have a 100% perfect solution. Kick option may have problems, but they're far better alternatives than what we currently have.

Combat Engineer

01-08-2013

Quote:
You know what REALLY pisses me off?

Getting the perfect team comp full of cooperative nice players that listens to each other. Getting the perfect comp you're looking for. And at the last 5 seconds, some doochebag in enemy team dodges.

You get queued again, and suddenly you end up with someone who picks AP Miss Fortune or Sejuani solo top and suddenly you learn exactly WHY someone in the opposite team dodged in the previous queue, and you never ever get such a perfect team ever again.

And since Riot isn't doing enough about champion select trolls and others who force people to dodge...

So here is my request.

If the game gets disbanded because someone in OPPOSING team dodges, allow the players team that didn't have a dodger the option to queue together. If one player presses no, then the one that pressed yes will stick together and be matched by any player to fill the gap.

Not everyone is lucky enough to have 5 friends irl who happens to like MOBAs and happens to like LoL and happens to be able to arrange a play session you know.

I was JUST thinking this the other day, and was in fact coming here to start a thread about this. I may still make one just to get it out there.

Kirielis

01-08-2013

I want this. The re-queueing, not the vote kicking. Even though it probably only actually applies to normals.

Psymøn

02-07-2013

I should let you know that when Riot likes an idea, they don't say anything to support it. I posted the idea for the gift system about 1-2 months before they released it and I didn't get any replies. Just cross your fingers.

z2k

02-08-2013

Halo matchmaking worked something like this. Basically if there were 10 slots, and two parties of 5. Once a player was found, they would be placed in one of the two parties. Once both parties had 5 people, communications would open up and people would start talking strategies (or in League's case, rage role-call).

If a person leaves, the lobby would close but the players would stay grouped. The champions and all would still have to be re-picked, but you would stay with the people you had been grouped with.

Lets say we have a full team of 5 and we were ready to play when someone dodged on the enemy team. My team would then wait for a new party to be filled OR would be matched up with any parties already waiting.

z2k

02-08-2013

bump