Leona/Graves bot... Counter?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Revelation

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2012

Hello,

My fiance and I usually play Sona/Vayne bot. She's still learning some of the other support champs but she has Sona down pretty **** well. My Vayne isn't anything amazing, but it's above average. My problem, every time we run Sona/Vayne, it seems like Graves/Leona is the counter pick to it and those two have shat upon us every time. I am thinking those two counter Vayne more than Sona or is it both?

There was times I was just stupid, them capitalizing on a bad tumble, etc. But even if an exchange went our way, landing stunning Condemns, dodging Buckshot/Zeniths, they would still come out of it relatively healthy. Have never felt so helpless in a lane before. : / Is it just me? Am I bad? Is my Sona bad? Should Vayne/Sona stomp Graves/Leona or is it just a hard counter? Which leads to my next questions.

What counters them? Taric/Sivir is about the only thing I can come up with, unless Cait/Amumu then we're basically just running the same **** thing. I hate running Cait against Graves, knowing unless I run 20/0 w/ 2x his CS, I won't be able to keep up with that Graves late game. Amumu/Sivir? Sion/Sivir? Do we need to run ADC/Tank to counter ADC/Tank? I just can't see any support working in that situation, tbh.

This is, of course, under the pretense that the bot lane is all the same skill level.

I've tried to play aggressive or turret hugging and everything in between. Either way, it never goes our way.

Anyone have some helpful suggestions? Willing to do just about anything to overcome this comp in just one game hahah.

Vayne build is a mirror to Chaox's. Masteries, Runes, etc. Sona's build is a mirror to Xpecial's.

Thanks for the help in advance. : )

aphronyaa

01-25-2012

If you're going to verse a Leona/Graves bot as Vayne & Sona consider swapping out Sona for Soraka or Vayne for Sivir as Sivir is in a more of a safer position than Vayne, as Graves is considered a counter to Vayne with the AS Steroid + Buckshot.

Now if it was Leona+Vayne, then you'd be in much more trouble..

In any case, ward one of your bush and let the lane push up to your tower. You have the sustain advantage, don't worry about little pokes. Good Sivir boomerangs will wear them down a lot anyway, and with no sustain they'll have to B more than you, which is when you take advantange and/or just farm.

Lord Revelation

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2012

Thanks. We'll start practicing Sivir/Soraka.

Flash the God

01-25-2012

Sivir/Sona is the strongest bot duo laners currently.

Current Event

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash the God View Post
Sivir/Sona is the strongest bot duo laners currently.
Sivir taric?

likeomgitsadam

Recruiter

01-25-2012

Hey all , There's this great commentator streaming right now , he'll be analyzing top level Jungling for "In the Woods Wednesday" over at www.own3d.tv/phrank !

Lord Revelation

01-25-2012

Thanks for the replies, guys.

and I've got to note, coming from another unmentionable game and forums... It's quite refreshing to ask what could be called a noob question on the official forums and not get flamed. Thanks again.

- Way

Foregrim

11-30-2012

"... ward one of your bush and let the lane push up to your tower."

I can say as a Leona player warding the bottom bushes is the best thing you can do to defend against her. She is pretty reliant on sneaking close enough to latch on which means bushes. Warding the bottom bush will keep her further away and unless she has a flash you should be relatively safe as long as you play conservative.

I've found Taric to be a good counter seems how he has a ranged stun even in the early game. This allows him to get a ranged stun on Graves hopefully before he can unload on your adc. Also, he heals himself and the adc which is good for nullifying her Eclipse aoe. However, it is best that you stay apart so you both aren't getting hit. Saves your mana and wastes hers.

OriginalJack

11-30-2012

Just to toss out another idea...

how about cait/janna?

As cait you just don't need to get close enough to let leona jump on you or graves harass you and if they do manage to somehow janna can just use her shield/whirlwind. Also you can trap the bushes so leona will have a hard time camping in there.

(wtf this thread is so old)

Foregrim

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalJack View Post
Just to toss out another idea...

how about cait/janna?

As cait you just don't need to get close enough to let leona jump on you or graves harass you and if they do manage to somehow janna can just use her shield/whirlwind. Also you can trap the bushes so leona will have a hard time camping in there.

(wtf this thread is so old)
Personally I'd try Cait/Taric. I think that could be effective seems how cait kinda needs the bush to hit the longer shots and Janna needs it also, plus Taric has sustain with the heals... Janna does not. Leona/Graves, you will be getting hit so having the heal is a must, imo. Key to beting them, I think is poke. They dont have the sustain of other combos and will have to back if you can keep chipping away. And to be honest Leona is not very tanky early game so even focusing her if she hits a trap and is out of place is not a terrible option. Just make sure to save that Taric stun for Graves.

Lastly, the trap/hard stun from Cait/Taric would be a nice combo.