Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

{Game}{Minor} Static Shiv too niche

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JNGIamJungling

11-27-2012

Static Shiv seems to be a niche item best suited on champions who can free roam and gank.

Notably this brings to mind Shaco and some other junglers.

What we know of the roaming meta is that once mid game starts, roaming alone starts to disapear.

Now the item itself, why yes it can give 100 extra damage for crits, Sheen, at a fraction of the cost. (Less then half) Can do the same. And consider it builds from averice blade, the entire point of having a GP5 item is lost on so soon building it into another item.

Now i'm focused mostly on the cost of the item, if most junglers have 4000 income around the 20 minute mark where early game ends, they will have just enough to finish static shiv by the time the items core use in ganking will be in-effective.

Suggestions:

1. Buff the item, make the passive on it more viable to proc since it has so few uses when auto attacking.

2. Change the recipe, possibly exchange the Zeal for Sheen.

3. Simply lower the goldcost. In terms of item efficiency, others do it better, and since the item seems to be early game focused, its hard to justify.

Kise

Recruiter

11-27-2012

It's weird, that's for sure. I don't see how it's a recommended for Ashe at all.

natrol

11-27-2012

Statikk Shiv is amazing. I would use it on every AD carry instead of PD. Not only does it build out of an amazing GP10 item that gives 2 bonus gold per CS but it's proc synergizes with Infinity Edge due it's ability to crit. So that's a potential 250 magic damage burst added onto a regular crit. I now go doran>avarice>ie>zeal>LW or SS or Defense Item on most AD carries.

It's also amazing on many split push heros like Yi and Shaco.

Kise

Recruiter

11-27-2012

Ehh...

does it always crit if you only have an IE/25% critical strike chance? I'd rather have the PD for increased chance if the answer is no.

OnlyJunglesShaco

11-27-2012

Its a good point though. Is it really worth getting over a phantom dancer, or even the awesome Zypher?

OnlyJunglesShaco

11-27-2012

Take into account that extra 100 damage in a battle comes at 10 autoattacks, with your AS maxed out at 2.5 thats once every 4 seconds.

Bombkirby

11-27-2012

Half of me wishes there was a version for people who build on-hit (crit isnt valuable to such characters like Teemo for example) since Bloodrazer is going away.

NoGoodInGoodbye

11-27-2012

I like shiv as an item and being built out of Zeal not Sheen. On hit you should gain 15 charges not 10 that means you'll proc it after 7 attacks not 10 and slightly lower the amount of charges you get for moving and it should be fine. Also revert the nerf to Avarice...

LightEcho

11-28-2012

Would be good if it charged 20-25 charge per hit instead of 10.

Riyshn

11-28-2012

How are you seeing that it's a roamer/ganker item? It's an ADC item just like PD, but with a different purpose for when you would build it. That stats are similar enough between the two that there's not much difference there, so you're looking at the passives and cost/build path.

Phantom Dancer has the Ghost passive and is 350 gold more expensive to build.

Statikk Shiv has the charge that builds up from merely moving (also, charges insanely fast if you have a Hurricane) to apply a small AoE to your next attack/on-hit, and is cheaper and builds out of Avarice Blade, further reducing the effective price.

PD is for when you need to ignore unit collision, Shiv is for when you want to have that bit of extra poke.