Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Pick a Mid for me to go plat

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sTcsSskstheGEETS

11-27-2012

Hi guys, I need advice on what midlaners to pick on my way up the elo Im currently 1500 and play the game for a long time. I have - and know every champ BUT im not very confident in
Midlane matchups and such.

Im looking for TWO champions: A very versatile midlaner that can be picked first, and another one, thats a good "counter"/ does very well versus to alot of champions. (like on toplane i play Irelia all the time, but if i know what im up against i often go teemo since he destroys a lot of champs)

I have some midlaners in mind that suit my playstyle and if there are people that know a lot about them id realy appreciate their insight

- I was thinking about Mordekaiser as my default Midchamp. Im not joking, I know alot of ppl hate him and make Br-Huehuehue jokes and such. But as far as I know hes pretty strong all around has a good laning aswell as teamfighting.
Are there any REALLY bad matchups for Morde? Some ppl say Cassie is good vs him, but im not so sure about that since i played Cassie alot myself and I think shes good - but not easy vs him.
Or is Morde maybe more of a situational pick?

Any suggestions for the second Champ?

Ill make a break here since its late and i dont want to make this here too wall of a text
Thx in advance!

super GGGGGGG

Recruiter

11-27-2012

get a new name

sTcsSskstheGEETS

11-27-2012

That is the new name

adc

11-27-2012

Anivia, Orianna, Diana. All three are very strong and can be first picked, generally. Scarra says that, anyway :P.

SavageWolves

11-27-2012

Orianna has a lot of synergy with any bruiser that can dive teams, and is a safe first pick.

Diana counters or does well against most popular mid lane champions. She can be used as a counter or first pick.

Dotayy

11-27-2012

If you want to do something that will confuse your opponents (thats the first fight in ranked, countering) you want to pick someone that people dont know is mid. My fav champ for this purpose is Yi. Because he can go mid, top, or jungle. And if you have a good enough team that can pick champions that can switch aswell then its very difficult for your opponents to counter you. Example if a team contains diana, talon, yi. Talon can top/mid. Yi can top/mid/jungle. Diana can Top/mid/jungle. Now your opponents can only guess who is going where. And depending on what your opponents pick you guys can switch.

My other fav champs to confuse everyone with are
Singed: top/supp
Shen: top/supp/jungle
Teemo: Top/mid/supp

dont really wanna think more but you get the point.

eVo Wablamuffin

11-28-2012

Swain, just swain. ^^