Elo system is broken *proof*

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mouse Trench

11-29-2012

ELO hell is real, ewe guise. I go like 17/2 every game and my team always has leaver trolls (unlike the enemy team which never has leaver trolls) and I lose every single game I play despite being awesome at this game.......3realz

Thorston13

11-30-2012

The thing about "Elo Hell" it's just that even if your on a carry role and you do carry your team, chance are that someone on the other team is gonna carry them harder than you can, as someone already said: "There are variables out of your control", maybe there's a duo on the other team, maybe there's an Elo Raiser or just someone who can outplay you 1vs1 in a teamfight, shut you down and take your team as a trophy.
I've seen this because i've had had 4 meatshields as a team and the only reasons i win those games is because im either jayce on top, Ahri on Mid or Cait/vayne ADC and the other team just tries to shut me down letting me kite and kill using my team as mere shields. But, on some other games even if i try this my team will split up and do some stupid shenanigans, yield to the enemy and let em take me down HARD. I played around 50 matches last season and i got to 1.2k+ Elo, and this season right now i've been hovering at 1050-1100 because either i got a troll and an AFK, a Carry that has no idea of positioning or just a support that gets excited and jumps in for a baited kill. But still, only had 30 games or so.

Asians First

11-30-2012

woooahhhh... dude I can admit to elo boosting but i haven't done it since i realzied how toxic it was. however i did learn something while i was doing that. and elo hell is not real. Im currently 1700 elo (top 2% of ppl ranked) and i have carried 7 accounts to high 1600s .... BRO don't try to blame this on trolls / leavers .

Asians First

11-30-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2833822&page=3

read this if you got any sence of knowledge you will realize that elo hell isn' real. thx gg wp

Asians First

11-30-2012

oops use this link my bad.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2833822

GogoloThirty

11-30-2012

tl;dr: QQ

The Boss FBH

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MTO2a7ZFcc

And you are on a sample size of 10 games, nice try kid, now shut up and play.
That video is just as opinionated and arguable as the statement i made was. He used statistics from one person(himself) and the rest of the claims he made were just claims with no facts. Ya im "claiming" to be stuck in an elo below what i deserve, but not for the reasons your all brining up. I lose games because of things i cant control. ie afks trolls leavers feeders etc etc. I also win games when i dont get those people. It mightve been you or someone else on this thread said that if your a carry you can win a 4v5. Thats just not true. If the other team isnt deafly retarded they will win just because of the numbers advantage. And often when people talk about elo hell and their elos they focus so much on their own team. I realize my team has just been outplayed and we lost before, thats a fact. Lets think about it. If everyone has a higher chance of not having trolls on their team than the opposing team..that makes no sense since there are also people on the other team with the same odds. so that argument is invalid. there are also things that statistics alone dont show. Which is why when you all go on eloking and then call me a noob, i just laugh and say lets play duo or normal together and see who carries =)

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss FBH View Post
I lose games because of things i cant control. ie afks trolls leavers feeders etc etc. I also win games when i dont get those people.
Exact-a-****ing-mundo.
Ding-ding-ding.
We have a winner.

Case A: You lose games when you have trolls/leavers/feeders/etc on your team.
Case B: You also win games when those people aren't in your match.
Case C: You also win games when those people are on the enemy team.

Now, Case A happens at some rate, which I'll tell you right now is NOT higher than 44.4% of your matches.

Case C, on the other hand, happens at a rate that is directly related to Case A. Statistics can show us (and I'll prove it to you if you'd like) that Case C happens about 20% more often than Case A.

So now, automatically, even if 44.4% of your games you have a troll on your team, and the other 55.6% of the games, the troll is on the enemy team, you're winning games and gaining Elo. All it takes to gain Elo is having a win rate over 50%.

Now, let's use a more realistic rate for the number of games in which you have a troll on your team. Let's say it's something more like 20% of your games.

Statistics will prove to us that in 24% of your games, the troll is on the enemy team.

So that's 44% of your games, if we're talking about 1000 games, that's 200 losses and 240 wins. We have 560 games left. Even if you only manage a 50% win rate in the completely troll-less games, that's 280 wins and losses.

So all together, that's 520 wins and 480 losses, or a 52% win rate. You'll gain Elo in this model. Slowly, but surely.

Yes, you may get unwinnable matches due to a troll or feeder on the team. But if your skill level, relative to the other 9 players in the match, is so close that the one troll on your team has more of an impact on your winning chances than your personal skill, then the same can be said about an enemy troll. If you can't prevent a teammate troll from causing your team to lose, then you can't prevent an enemy troll from causing your team to win. Both teams get trolls.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-30-2012

Quote:
Lets think about it. If everyone has a higher chance of not having trolls on their team than the opposing team..that makes no sense since there are also people on the other team with the same odds.
It's not true that everyone has the same odds of having a troll on their team though.

When people say the enemy team is 20% more likely to have a troll than your team, we assume that YOU are NEVER a troll. Fact of the matter is, not everyone is NEVER a troll.

If you ARE a troll, you have a 100% chance of having a troll on your team. Every time.

If you troll 10% of the time, then you already have a 10% chance of having a troll on your team. The enemy team may or may not be more likely to have a troll on their team--it depends on the total rate of trolling in your Elo bracket, etc, but your team does not remain at 20% less likely of having a troll on your team, because you're personally contributing to your teams odds of having a troll on your team before the 9 other random players are even assigned teams.

The only way enemy team is 20% more likely to have a troll on your team is if you personally never troll. You have to play like you belong in a higher Elo bracket in 100% of your matches, and eventually, over the long run, you'll win more matches than you lose and your Elo will increase.

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2012

Quote:
i just laugh and say lets play duo or normal together and see who carries =)
You can scrim me, 1v1 me, all you want, and you will see how I will completely crash you with basic mechanics

Similarly, a 2.4k will probably beat me in term of mechanics.