can we discuss ap assasins?

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Unbreakable View Post
AD carries (Yi, Tryndamere, Ezreal, Caitlyn) aren't assassins.

Their kit lets them move around a lot. YES. THEY ARE ASSASSINS.
Ninjas. James Bond. It's called Skyfall, not Walk Through The Front Door.

AP assassins (LeBlanc, Kassadin) drop off late-game.
Early game advantage, late game drop. Pretty standard stuff.
???


got sleep?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teh holiday beef

Senior Member

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
I didnt say she can't do damage, she's just not very efficient. Fast is not efficient. The damage is split into different parts and no one part has much of the damage on it. Even then, if she delivers all of it oftentimes she has to do a bit of chasing for the kill. Did you notice that the orbs on her W can actually be dodged during her burst combo? Without the second jump she will possibly lose out on some defense. She has to be all in to do all her damage and tank maximum damage.

Rather than tanking fizz dodges and jukes. When he bursts you trying to get away is more or less pointless. Flash probably wont help you on its own. Right clicking isn't good enough.

Assassins don't really fall off lategame, they are just forced to play how they are meant to be played. They aren't supposed to be diving in and winning everything all day long. They clean up and they wreck close fights. They also displace key players, especially artilery champs like lux, kogmaw, and ezreal (ezreal isn't really one but he's often treated like one when he's being noncommital in team fights.).

When an assassin gets fed, you need to counterplay. You need to counterplay

When teamfights begin, tanks and fighters and anyone else who can disable and take damage are responsible for the safety of the others. In the world finals, a team made a huge mistake while eve was missing and they had commited all their tanky champs into a dive. They couldnt stop anything and they got messed up bad, the squishies were hunted down and murdered.

I'm pointing out that understanding the differences between champion types and why they get this and that explains alot including the question about ap assassins.


Diana kit synergizes so well and efficentleyall she needs to land is her q. None of her other abilities require skill which racks up damage in a second. Guess what? Her aa isnt interupted except when she has to do her pull. She does have to chase down her target but thats whats her r is for right?

I know what you mean, but they just stomp on teams that arent well coordinated. This is teams communicating by type and who dont know each other well. They dont offer a lot of room for counterplay when they get fed. Like you said, the reason why they fall off late game is because they simply cant go around and 1 shot everyone. They now are wholly dependant on their teams positioning.

I just dont like how their kits take advantage of poor teamwork.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh holiday beef View Post
Diana kit synergizes so well and efficentleyall she needs to land is her q. None of her other abilities require skill which racks up damage in a second. Guess what? Her aa isnt interupted except when she has to do her pull. She does have to chase down her target but thats whats her r is for right?

I know what you mean, but they just stomp on teams that arent well coordinated. This is teams communicating by type and who dont know each other well. They dont offer a lot of room for counterplay when they get fed. Like you said, the reason why they fall off late game is because they simply cant go around and 1 shot everyone. They now are wholly dependant on their teams positioning.

I just dont like how their kits take advantage of poor teamwork.
she has to land her q on an opponent who can't sustain her. Assassins tend to have a way to kill carries who can easily heal 300+ hp in a single shot. Once they start shooting diana theres a good chance they'll last way longer than she wants them to.

Long story short, assassins are working as intended. They are countered by coordination lategame. This is the nature of a strategy game. Sloppy play is punished by the prepared. Its not a game of skill even though skill is rewarded with certain advantages usually involving range and whatnot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JJ Unbreakable

Senior Member

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
???


got sleep?
My brain was clearly functioning below average.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Servantofthe99

Senior Member

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh holiday beef View Post
If that were true how can kassidian still stomp on any mid?

lol...because he can't. not anymore anyways. how many kassadins have you seen in the tournaments in mid lane being played?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teh holiday beef

Senior Member

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servantofthe99 View Post
lol...because he can't. not anymore anyways. how many kassadins have you seen in the tournaments in mid lane being played?
I could care less for tournys. Kass is still a popular ban, just try playing draft or something.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh holiday beef View Post
I could care less for tournys. Kass is still a popular ban, just try playing draft or something.
darius and teemo are also popular bans. All it means is that they are common counters or make someone cry


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HiddenMartyr

Senior Member

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh holiday beef View Post
If that were true how can kassidian still stomp on any mid?
Not any mid, Kassadin was specifically designed to do exactly what he does ( counter ap). There are several non conventional mids, that when put there, stomp kassadin easily.


123