Ashe x Sejuani anyone?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BasilNeedsMeds

12-02-2013

Everyone seems so concerned with them being sisters but I don't believe that they are really sisters, maybe through connection of similar place of power (or whatever you want to call it), but I think it's a good pairing, and many people I've asked or talked to about it said they did not like the pairing or were saying they were sisters and didn't give an answer. I've read a few fanfics between Ashe and Sejuani (which were really good)and that's the only way I know that there are some people who like that pairing, but I was just wondering, are there anymore people out there who like this pairing?

Onegarion

12-02-2013

Good in what way? In the lore they aren't sisters, but are considered the decendents of Amarosa (Ashe) and the second Iceborn sister who's name escapes me (Sej). With Lissandra you have the original Iceborn. The pairing is also there because they view things completely opposite.

If Riot would expand on this maybe it would be more clear, but come on think about it. Two different people who think about leading in completely different ways. You know there is going to be some good stories behind them. Many animes and TV shows play off this and cause great fights or comedic stories. its there, but Riot needs to expand if its actually going to be any good.

Baal Haded

12-02-2013

Between Ashe, Sejuani, and Lissandra, they're supposed to mirror Avarosa, Serylda, and Lissandra in her youth. They're probably sisters.

Also, you're thinking of "demonym."

Trylobyte

12-02-2013

My personal opinion has always been that Sejuani views Ashe as an annoyingly happy, idealistic, naive little sister - She'll happily beat the tar out of Ashe and harass her given any logical reason to do so, all in the interests of 'teaching her what the real world is like,' but if Ashe is ever subject to extremely serious trauma, or killed, Sej will go for revenge all the same because she cares in her own subtle way. Ashe, doesn't reciprocate this - She's civil to Sejuani simply because she's a nice person but considers her a rival or enemy.

Baal Haded

12-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trylobyte View Post
My personal opinion has always been that Sejuani views Ashe as an annoyingly happy, idealistic, naive little sister - She'll happily beat the tar out of Ashe and harass her given any logical reason to do so, all in the interests of 'teaching her what the real world is like,' but if Ashe is ever subject to extremely serious trauma, or killed, Sej will go for revenge all the same because she cares in her own subtle way. Ashe, doesn't reciprocate this - She's civil to Sejuani simply because she's a nice person but considers her a rival or enemy.
I think not. Considering that Sejuani and Ashe have almost gone into a tribal war with one-another. Their relationship is certainly strained, and if they are sisters, then their relationship as kin only extends to acknowledging that they are relatives, and nothing beyond that. Not beyond the scope of rivalry, and not beyond the scope of killing each other if it comes down to it.

icejazzwolf

12-03-2013

Ashe is a descendant of Avarosa and Sejuani is a descendant of Serylda. Making them very distant cousins. Avarosa, Serylda, and Lissandra were sisters. Yes, its even stated that Lissandra is there ancestor

SecretLore

12-03-2013

I doubt sejuani really cares for ashe.
I mean sejuani isn't completely evil,but she is far from good,she thinks that only the strong shall survive and if ashe gets killed then she would probably say that ashe was simply too weak.

The best thing she may do would be getting angry that she couldn't kill ashe herself.

Also even though there is a lot of lore retcon,you should keep in mind that ashe being married to tryndamere is still considered canon.It may have been a political marriage,but it was said that the two are a good match for each other anyway.