Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A new passive for TF: Card Counting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

deadlychuck

11-27-2012

Card Counting: (Original idea "Lucky Number 7" from DrKrumm, modified by VVorg on EU west, posted to US forums by Shinmey88, then re-modified by me Deadlychuck US)

Each spell has a 20% chance to be empowered. Each time a spell is not empowered the likely hood of casting an empowered spell increases by an additional 20%. Stacking up to 4 times (100% max). Returning to 20% when a spell receives empowerment.

Wild Card: throws out 5 cards, instead of 3. Enemies at close range can be hit by multiple projectiles, but each card beyond the first will deal only 15% damage. (so max of 160% damage if all 5 hit)

PaC: you add 50% of effects ( no damage added, empowered effect applied when card color is selected ) :

Red : zone 50% larger
Blue : add 50% more mana
Gold : since adding more stun time is OP lets add a zone like the red one... a bit like the stun he had before ( remember the zone stun is random, unless you reach 4 stacks). ONLY the main target will be damaged : the zone applies only on the stun effect, the main target is stunned 2 seconds, the others for the HALF.

Stacked Deck: your next trigger of stacked deck stays for 3 attacks. The magical damage from the 3 attacks will be reduced by 50% ( instead of 160+0.4 AP magic damage per hit you have 80 +0.2 AP magic damage )

this means after your 3rd attack, there is a chance that the stacked deck buff will have 3 charges. You will not start building charges for the stacked deck until all 3 charges have been exhausted.

Destiny / Gate: the ultimate will slow by 30% during 3 seconds in the vision range of TF ... at the circle of cards when he channels the teleport this means something like 1000 range radius around him ( as he can see trough the bushes with destiny it will work there too)

~Note that there are only slight modifications to Shinmey88's post, the largest change being with Wild Cards.
~ Shinmey88's post http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1570764

JevelFaithful

11-27-2012

I like the idea. but not the randomness. I was under the impression that they weren't so hot with random chances. Even tought it's garanteed to proc every 5 skill, I feel a more reliable "every 4 skill" would be better for the players and closer to riot's ideal. Once again, I like the idea.

EDIT : either a non-random solution. Or an indicator of the spell being empowered. Something like : "every spell you cast has 20%(incrementing) chance to empower your next spell"
as opposed to
"every spell you cast has 20%(incrementing) chance to be empowered."

That way you can see you have an empowered spell before you fire it.

deadlychuck

11-27-2012

I understand the randomness not being the best method and not one that riot has liked in the past, though i feel that TF should be an exception, because of his character being based around cards (which are generally random) Though i do agree on further thought that knowing prior to casting would be a better method, even if the chance to get the empowerment was still random itself.

Also the only reason i used the incrementing method was so that while you would always get a empowered spell every 5 cast, there is a chance to get it sooner.

Partes

11-27-2012

Seems OP to me, the W should remain the same. The Q idea is nice and the passive as well, maybe that way he will not need to rush Lich Bane.

Chaz5

11-28-2012

I like the idea personally, the randomness may be an issue but it adds some flavor as well.

Chessiere

11-28-2012

Well it's a good idea again, the randomness adds to the style of TF already, despite being predictable, this would probably be the only thing that cannot be predicted in his kit, which is good.

IS1b1ac1a18c7b4f6305ef8

01-26-2013

just look at my suggestion, this one is too unreliable... therefore too frustrating

also it will proc much often and be OP imo.

the real lucky number 7 offers more in terms of gameplay and strategy imo...

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1570764&page=46

(@ deadlychuck : I upvoted you because you had good intentions in the basis :P )

Yuan Shikai

01-26-2013

You imply that TF needs a new passive, but his fighting power is really already strong enough, there is a reason why he is one of the strongest ap champs of the game already.

BoresRaptor

01-26-2013

NO