what is the best AP character for 3s

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zrothacrookd

Master Recruiter

01-29-2013

im fairly new and I am looking for a good AP character to buy and get good at thank you

PurpleURP

01-29-2013

rumble, diana, chogath, singed, teemo

Caecus Scius

01-29-2013

Evelynn still dominates, she got nerfed but not so much that she can't still do her job, which is to be no where and everywhere at all times- its this pressure which causes people to play in such a way as to bring about their own defeat.

kjol21

01-29-2013

Amumu runs the show late game

Caecus Scius

01-29-2013

^^ Mumu can beast mode.

Chogath is an AP off tank choice that is hard to counter, we ban him quite a bit.

Teemo is no longer a good AP choice.

lordfrezon

01-29-2013

Eve is good, cho is cool, singed is an @$$hole and you shouldn't ruin peoples lives with him (but is very good)
I've also had a lot of fun playing Lux, Syndra, and TF. All three have reliable CC along with excellent damage. Morgana in theory also seems like she'd be good with her ult, snare, and excellent wave clear but I haven't tested her. Basically, try anyone you think would be fun and maybe you'll find something new and awesome.

ZenithZephyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Mordekaiser is underrated. His ult turns a losing game into a winning game. Focus down a fed champ and get 20% of their AD and AP, plus a fed ghost of them.

Getting a ghost Olaf, Jax, Wukong is gamechanging, but even if you target an AP, gaining 20 AD for Q and 50-60 AP can put you over the top.

The Gift Horse

01-29-2013

Singed is my favourite champion for TT. He is an AP Bruiser, and while he is pretty tough to start(with proper defensive masteries and a ruby), his playing style involves trading a lot of hits and he really has no natural sustainability to speak of until he has his ult. That's why I get a Catalyst for him as quickly as possible.
-He is capable of split pushing by himself, and can clear minion waves just by passing by them during mid/late game.
-He has one of the best slows in the game, an AOE that starts at 35% and reaches 75% with a 5 second duration, and a very good range(1000).
-His ult gives him a huge boost to AP, Armor, Magic Resist, Movespeed, Health Regen and Mana Regen, gives him crowd control reduction that stacks with tenacity and lasts for 25 seconds. This makes him extremely hard to avoid, and extremely hard to pin down.
-When engaging in a team fight, your job is to make sure the battle field is coated in poison, the fed or tank is seperated from squishies and/or keeping your squishies safe.

Anarchiszm

01-30-2013

IMO, For AP, you generally want AoE and/or CC, as these are qualities lots of bruisers don't have.
Good champs are: Singed, Cho'Gath, Diana, Kayle, Amumu, Malphite, Rumble, Ryze, Evelynn, Gragas, Mordekaiser, Orianna, Annie.
I find Annie to be quite strong, as she has an AoE 1.75s Stun, and lategame, has near 3k HP, as well as 200 armour and magic resist, while maintaining immense burst power. (Also quite bulky early).

Practically any AP champion with any or all of the following:
Mobility, AoE, CC, Gamechanging Ultimate (ie; Gragas ultimate, Amumu ultimate, etc).

Another great champion (believe it or not) is AP Kog'Maw, if you have the tanks/CC champions, as soon as you hit mid-game (11to16+), it becomes hard to lose, as long as you haven't lost too many towers.

Otherwise, just find someone you enjoy, and play them .

Caecus Scius

01-30-2013

One more that no one is mentioning is Kassadin. He is one of the ONLY champs that can flash across the wall into top or bottom, and his early game not withstanding he gets very abusive late game. I like double ROA on him, it makes him tanky and he can deffinitely CC and escape as well.