Any good info on how to use Mord as solo top?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Madraac

11-27-2012

I am looking for some advice on how to play Mord as a solo top in ranked games, particularly in the 1100 - 1300 elo bracket.

I continue to get stomped by junglers, and reading the guides only seems to split the difference between whether to play him as AP or AD. I realize health items are a key component and he should be a tanky bruiser, but looking for more information to become effective with him... particularly early game, as I have noticed that junglers tend to focus more on the bottom assists nowadays in my low brackets, and if Mord pushes as he can so easily due you get auto ganked too much.

The only good news is that his minion clearing ability lets you always be somewhat viable due to the gold you get in return.

Any info would be of great help, even if it is helping me understand why he is or is not viable in ranked games.

AskKarthus

11-27-2012

I'm not sure what you mean, but Morde is an AP lane bully like Vlad. Focus on farming until you have your revolver, max your E, and then proceed to bully your opponent. The biggest thing is don't overextend.

One final piece of advice, Morde should go mid, not top.

iDpark

11-27-2012

He can go top, buy wards.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

Havent really seen anyone good play Morde top. Like you said, he naturally pushes and MUST nuke creeps and push to keep his shield up and keep the pressure on. This makes him a Victim.

You might need to try some alternative itemization to include a Ward to start with. Any scrub can tell you to buy wards, but unless you go B at level 2 (and lose creeps) you are gonna get ganked before you can ward up.

You can go with cloth and 3 pots and a Ward (waiting or going B to base for the 5 extra gold), whihc will work vs many toplaners with no creep loss.
In Season 3, boots are only 25MS so you wont HAVE to have them as badly to start.

For now you could try Boots+2pots+1ward by waiting at base, then running top. Thats a bit low on sustain though.

AP is clearly the way to go since he scales on it. Getting the revolver gives you the sustain you need, and you can take a regrowth pendant and build it into other stuff later on. I think blackfire torch is on SR in S3 and its really disgusting with Morde since his DOT reapplies it.