Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Expansion Idea] League of Legends: The Coming Storm

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wulffe

02-15-2013

Loving bump.

Maximillian Grey

03-05-2013

Quote:

Name: Banner of victory.jpg Views: 385 Size: 2.8 KB
(Picture from hiveworkshop.com)
Name:
Banner of Victory
Tier:
Legendary
Cost:
3600 gold
Build:
Avarice Blade, Executioner's Calling, Quicksilver Sash
Effect:
+50 Magic Resist, +40 Damage, +25% Critical Chance, +15% Lifesteal
Active: Drops a banner at the targeted location. Allies closest to the flag have one crowd control effect removed. All allies around the flag receive 20% of the owner's stats and an additional 2% per each member present. Lasts 8 seconds.

just wondering, why avarice blade? only same stat is the crit for the avarice blade, otherwise it doesn't have any stats in common with the banner. Plus EC has the grievious wound passive which is lost, maybe try instead items that give some of the same (not in amount) flat stats?

Quote:
Name: Claw of the Fallen.jpg Views: 271 Size: 4.7 KB
Name:
Claw of the Fallen
Tier:
Advanced
Cost:
1,500 gold
Build:
Dagger, Long Sword, Vampiric Scepter
Effect:
+15 Attack Damage, +15 Attack Speed, +15% Lifesteal. Unqiue: Gains 2 attack damage and attack speed each time the wearer attacks. Stacks up to 5 times. Lasts 8 seconds.

for this, the attack speed SHOULD be a percent, cause otherwise it would have to add .5 AS or something for the amount, a whole 2 AS would make all champs have max Attack speed (2.50) by lvl 5, and I don't think riot wants to rework how AS works either to match your item xD no offense lol

Quote:
Name: Conjurer's Blades.jpg Views: 384 Size: 4.0 KB
Name:
Conjurer's Blades
Tier:
Mythical
Cost:
4200 gold
Build:
Bilgewater Cutlass, Hextech Revolver, Sheen
Effect:
+250 Mana, +70 Ability Power, +40 Attack Damage, +20% Lifesteal, +15% Spellvamp
Passive: Spellblade: After using an ability, the next basic attack deals bonus physical damage equal to base Attack Damage on hit (2 second cooldown).
Active: Conjures two ethereal blades to assist the caster. Each blade has shares 20% of the caster's stats. Lasts for 5 seconds.
*Note* If the blades are out while the champion does /joke the blades attack eachother.

The joke part is awesome but 20% of AS and AD right? or do they do magic dmg so it would be AP? needs more details on what type of dmg the blades do and what stats they use, obviously they would use Attack speed, but I don't think you are going to make it possible to attack the blades so they won't need armor and MR. just needs more details on what type of dmg and whether they take 20% of AD or AP since they won't be using both unless they do both AD and magic dmg. which comes to my next suggestion, here's how it would work on a few champions: it would be really good for ranged hybrids such as TF; it would help against any Melee champs that want to close in on him. on the other hand, it would be very OP on ones like Jax; he would use it as extra dmg, which allow him to own any champ he wants as soon as he has it even though he already tends to do enough dmg to 1v1 pretty much any other champ in the game if you play right. but heres the best example I can think of that would actually be a good thing to focus on: pantheon could easily use it for extra dmg on his stun and ult which both deal magic dmg and if you add the swords to his stun he will do more dmg and be more of a threat and help if he doesnt have any good dmg otherwise yet; but that comes wiht something kind of bad, a FED pantheon would be almost as bad as jax with the sword active. so really you might want to make it a ranged based item so it's more of a defensive like item to help against melee champs when they close in, also make it give only AD so it's more versatile in what ranged carries can use it. yes I know non ADC's will use it at some point because they will find some way to make it very OP on a ranged support. for example: ADC Lulu, or ADC sona, or even regular support champions who are ranged and stay support since it would just let them do more dmg to the enemy team to help get those ace's/give the ADC kills/etc... also just thought of this while typing this, you COULD make a jungle item, as in; make the swords only able to attack minions/monsters/Champion spawned creeps etc. etc. if I missed adding something to the ADC part of this (which I bet I did) that makes it hard to fully understand, let me know and I will fix.

Edit: to add to the Ranged only part; you would want to take out the spellvamp. But I wouldn't add any Attack speed to it at all if you decide to go this route, because than it would be another "Blade of the Ruined King" which they are trying to nerf since they added the Attack speed to it, it just ended up making it WAY to good of an item for ADC's, especially since 40% AS is quite a bit for an item that gives Life Steal along with the Passive and the Active, (Phantom Dancers give 50% AS, so imagine if IT had some Life Steal on it along with the other stats o.O) so right now they are trying to figure out whether to nerf AS given or up the price to 1000 with all other items bought rather than 650 (hope I explained it good enough for you to understand that Attack Speed on this item would be very bad balance wise)

Quote:
Name: Hail the Queen.jpg Views: 272 Size: 3.4 KB
(Due to similarities to Youmuu's this item will inevitably be overhauled.)
Name:
Hail the Queen
Tier:
Legendary
Cost:
3,600 gold
Build:
BF Sword, Kindlegem, Zeal
Effect:
+400 Health, +65 Attack Damage, +15% Critical Strike Chance. Unique: 15% cooldown reduction. Active: Increases attack speed by 30% and movement speed by 15% for 6 seconds.

ok first of all while it IS alot like yoummuu's, I can think of some possible ways to keep the main idea going but also change it enough so it's not so much like YG:
first off, you COULD make it a BUILD UP to YG and lower some of it's stats; another thing is that you could make it give like 550 HP, either less or no AD, No Crit chance, give it different build items, add armor and MR to it, keep the CDR, but if you think it needs it, lower it to 10% depending on how well it would balance with 15% CDR, and make the active more like garens W (add either flat armor and MR or, a percent (depending on balance issues) of either base or total armor and MR (also depending on balance issues) and possibly some tenacity or make it lessen CC by a certain percent (again, depending on balance issues)).
also to go along with this, you COULD make a item with similar stats except make it give AP (if you decide to keep some AD on it's "twin&quot so it's for AP tanks like Leona or Nunu.
Quote:
Name: Save the Queen.jpg Views: 271 Size: 2.1 KB
(Another item to be reworked as the build is outdated and the stats are unbalanced.)
Name: Save the Queen
Tier:
Legendary
Cost:
3,350 gold
Build:
Heart of Gold, Moonflair Sword, Tear of the Goddess
Effect:
+350 Health,+350 Mana, +50 Ability Power, +35 Tenacity, +10 Mana Regen per sec. Each time an ability is used health and mana are increased by 5 for a maximum of 800 health and 400 mana. Use: Removes 1 crowd control effect from the user.

ok, first of all, good idea for a more tank based RoA, just wouldnt work on ALL tanks since some (like garen or shen(shen umm uses energy I think? idr for sure)) don't actaully use mana
so for this one, two things I can think of right away that you could do: (read this idea only if you want it to work for ALL tanks) first, you could change the build up to it entirely, take out the ability power, make the passive give let's say 2 armor and MR per enemy champ nearby, keep the active/use effect, give more HP as a flat stat and no mana at all, and get rid of the RoA like passive and chage the Mana regen to 15 HP regen per 5 seconds or keep it at 10 if 15 per 5 seconds is too much (per 5 seconds would be best since champions like garen would be able to stay in lane FOREVER jsut by letting their passive do it if they had Warmogs, Spirit Visage, and this item with 10 HP regen per second)
Although if you prefer it for AP tanks, keep all flat stats the same, but change the passive to the one suggested above and add some HP regen but make them both about 15 per 5 seconds because 10 per second would make champions like Mundo even harder to kill while already they are hard enough (see above for more info on this) for the build, you'd have to at least take out ToG for it to make sense. ofc the other two aren't in the game anymore sooooo...

Name: Tempest's Bindings.jpg Views: 385 Size: 2.5 KB
(Picture from hiveworkshops.com)
Name:
Tempest's Bindings
Tier:
Advanced
Cost:
2800 gold
Build:
Chalice of Harmony, Glacial Shroud, Rejuvenation Bead
Effect:
+425 Mana, +50 Armor, +40% Magic Resistance. Every time the holder of this item takes damage the cooldown of the item and their abilities is decreased by .5 seconds.
Active: The holder goes invisible and rapidly regenerates 15% of their health and mana. If they take damage the effect wears off. Lasts 5 seconds.

OK (so tired of quoting I just quit LOL) I can think of reasons why makinh a stealth giving item would be bad, first off; SUCCESSFUL ESCAPE WITH EVERY USE!!
it's basically shacos stealth w/o the flash part of it+some regen which makes it able to let you perform a (see words in caps). my advice is make it like Yi's heal, but with movement and no bonus MR and armor
have another possible build for this too: spirit visage and either 2Xfaerie charms,and Glacial shroud, or a chalice, one cloth armor and one chainmail
Name: Testament Shard.jpg Views: 386 Size: 2.1 KB
Name:
Testament Shard
Tier:
Advanced
Cost:
1800 gold
Build:
Philosopher's Stone, Catalyst
Effect:
+300 health, +5 health regen, Amplifies the champion's current highest stat by 5% for five seconds. Increases by an additional 10 health, +1 health regen and 2% stat increase per use, capping at 500 health, +10 health regen and 20% stat increase.

this is how it NEEDS to be explained:
Use: Amplifies the champion's current highest stat by 5% for five seconds. On Use: increases champion health by 10 health, increases health regen by +1 health regen per (input desired seconds either 1 or 5) and increases the boost of players highest stat on use by 2% per use. Caps at 500 health, +10 health regen per (input desired seconds again; either 1 or 5) and 20% stat increase

take out philosophers stone and put in 2 rejuvenation beads for the build

Name: Tome of the Conqueror.jpg Views: 270 Size: 4.9 KB
(My third item to completely overhaul at some point.)
Name:
Tome of the Conqueror
Tier:
Mythical
Cost:
3,900 gold
Build:
Claw of the Fallen, Morello's Evil Tome
Effect:
+30 Attack Damage, +20 Attack Speed, +15% Lifesteal. Unqiue: 25% Cooldown Reduction. Active: Wearer gains an additional 15 Attack Damage, +15 Attack Speed. Attacks cause grievous wounds, decreasing healing and regeneration of the targets for 8 seconds. (25 second cooldown.)

OK it's a good idea for an item but soem changes need to be made to make it work, first off all AS bonuses are ALWAYS % so it would be +20% Attack speed and +15% attack speed. also, 15 attack damage aint much of a buff from an item, imo it should add say 5-10% AD rather than flat damage to make it better than the CotF or at least make it add like 20-30 Attack Damage. ALSO take OUT Morello's Evil Tome (now called Morellonomicon) and add Executioners Blade since "Tome of the Conqueror" does NOT give ANY Ability Power but you'd need to change the name to say "Blade of the Conqueror" or "Sword of the Conqueror" to make it fit with the build although I know you wanted it to kind of be a reference to Tempest Swain herself, since the build up to it makes no sense, you'll need to make a different item that's AP based to make the "Tome of the Conqueror" work

Here's an entirely new "Tome of the Conqueror" for you, tell me if you like it, it will have a different build:

Build: Sheen, Morellonomicon, Hextech Revolver

Total Cost: (you'll have to look it up LOL sorry bout that)

Effect:
adds +30 Ability Power, +350 Mana, Unique Passive: 20% CDR (20% is the most ANY of the items in LoL have and I think Riot has a good reason for that balance wise), Unique Passive: 15% Spellvamp, Unique Passive: Wounding Spellsword: After using an Ability, Champion gains Greivious wounds on next Basic Attack, causing target to have their Health regen lowered by (amount decided by how it would balance) for 20 seconds Champion also gains Attack Damage Equal to three fourths of their Ability Power on their next Basic Attack (2 second Cooldown)

Wulffe

03-06-2013

Alrighty. Let me start by thanking you for the very elaborate post and highlighting some points that previous critics refused to point out. I greatly appreciate that. :]

Starting with Banner of Victory...

I'm going to reform this a bit, mostly due to your advice. With Banner of Command's release (it wasn't out when I had these ideas) I've thought about making Banner of Victory have a similar build though I keep running into the issue of BoC being more defensive where as I want BoV to be more offensive. So we're going to overhaul it a bit.

Old build: Avarice Blade, Executioner's Calling, Quicksilver Sash
New Build: Executioner's Calling, Quicksilver Sash, Vampiric Scepter

Old Cost: 3600g
New Cost: 4000g

Old Stats: +50 Magic Resist, +40 Damage, +25% Critical Chance, +15% Lifesteal
Active: Drops a banner at the targeted location. Allies closest to the flag have one crowd control effect removed. All allies around the flag receive 20% of the owner's stats and an additional 2% per each member present. Lasts 8 seconds.
*ADDED* Unique: Applies Grievous Wounds on successful melee strikes.

I think that should work out better....

Next we have Claw of the Fallen.

I won't due much to this other than take your advice. So would you recommend it being .5% AS per kill or would that still be too much?

As for Conjurer's Blades. I originally had considered it a ranged item but since you brought that up I definitely should add in the 'Ranged Only' tag. Though the blades themselves are supposed to deal magic damage, piggybacking off of the caster's attack speed and magic penetration as well. Taking that into consideration what would your thoughts be?

Now on to Hail the Queen.

This item is supposed to be an offensive build item with having a health buff attached as well. Save the Queen is supposed to be its complimentary item (sword and shield). But yes, HtQ needs a big overhaul to pull it away from being similar to Youmuu's. So I am taking your input and switching it up a bit.

Old Build: BF Sword, Kindlegem, Zeal
New Build: BF Sword, Chain Vest, Giant's Belt, Negatron Cloak

Old Cost: 3600g
New Cost: 3800g

Old Stats: +400 Health, +65 Attack Damage, +15% Critical Strike Chance. Unique: 15% cooldown reduction. Active: Increases attack speed by 30% and movement speed by 15% for 6 seconds.

New Stats: +550 Health, +55 Attack Damage. Unique: Valor - Gains attack damage, armor and magic resist at the rate of .3% per second while in combat, capping at 5 stacks. Deteriorates when out of combat. Active: Increases attack damage by 15% and armor and magic resist by 10% for 5 seconds.

Save the Queen.

This was probably the item that needed help the most. You can see that just by looking at the build. This was definitely meant for AP tanks. So I'll stick to that side of your suggestion.

Old Build: Heart of Gold, Moonflair Sword, Tear of the Goddess
New Build: Aegis of the Legion, Catalyst of the Protector, Tear of the Goddess

Old Cost: 3,350 gold
New Cost: 3,900 gold

Old Stats: +350 Health,+350 Mana, +50 Ability Power, +35 Tenacity, +10 Mana Regen per sec. Each time an ability is used health and mana are increased by 5 for a maximum of 800 health and 400 mana. Use: Removes 1 crowd control effect from the user.
New Stats: +475 Health,+400 Mana, +50 Ability Power, +35 Tenacity.
Unique: Guardian - Increases health and mana regeneration by .2 per second for the caster and surrounding allies. Allies also gain +15 armor and +25 magic resist.

I'll get to the others later.

Maximillian Grey

03-11-2013

Quote:
Next we have Claw of the Fallen.

I won't due much to this other than take your advice. So would you recommend it being .5% AS per kill or would that still be too much?

what I meant by 2 AS being too much was that it needs to be 2% not just 2, .5 would be if you wanted to add flat stat but even .5 would be alot you'd want to do like .05 per attack if you didn't want a percentage gain otherwise make the percentage like 6% and say add 6-10 AD every attack since this is basically Guinsoos rageblade for ADCs

Maximillian Grey

03-11-2013

Quote:
As for Conjurer's Blades. I originally had considered it a ranged item but since you brought that up I definitely should add in the 'Ranged Only' tag. Though the blades themselves are supposed to deal magic damage, piggybacking off of the caster's attack speed and magic penetration as well. Taking that into consideration what would your thoughts be?

what will the dmg of the blades be based off of? AD AP or both? because if it's AP than it's kind of pointless since theres very few ranged APC's that would actually benefit from this (pretty much only TF and Teemo; ryze has no benefits from the stats really, he doesnt need most of them other than the active; same with Xerath and other APCs that are ranged and can only be APC's) I'd advise making the magic Damage of the blades be based off the highest of the two stats: either AD or AP; if they are the same than just make it be w/e one you feel like doing for the default. Either that or make it flat dmg around 100-200 per hit of each sword.

Everything is else fine imo.

St0rmln

03-11-2013

Awesomenesss!

Wulffe

05-02-2013

Loving bump.

With the release of Lissandra and the Battle for Freljord I do believe a little bit of an alteration is in order for the story. Let's just say a pact can be made between a certain Sorceress, an Ice Witch and a Spider Queen could become a main center point.

mew28

04-18-2014

I would play siege mode every day if it was made you have 100% of my support.