[Expansion Idea] League of Legends: The Coming Storm

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wulffe

12-05-2012

With the exception of the story additions and the occasional tweaks to the items and Tempest's sheet I can't think of much more for this. Any ideas or is there anything the community would like to see possibly get added?

Wulffe

12-09-2012

Still looking for some feedback on the general idea and some insight on the story so far.

Glath Wiermind

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

Playing the Devil's Advocate here, I'm not sure if you designed these items before season 3 hit, but I'm still going to criticize them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulffe View Post
Added Items

Attachment 565970
(Picture from hiveworkshop.com)
Name:
Banner of Victory
Tier:
Legendary
Cost:
3600 gold
Build:
Avarice Blade, Executioner's Calling, Quicksilver Sash
Effect:
+50 Magic Resist, +40 Damage, +25% Critical Chance, +15% Lifesteal
Active: Drops a banner at the targeted location. Allies receive 20% of the owner's stats and an additional 2% per each member present. Lasts 8 seconds.
The build is stupid. Why would you build a QSS into this and lose the cleanse? However, I do like the idea of having Rally onto an item...

Quote:
Attachment 567115
Name:
Claw of the Fallen
Tier:
Advanced
Cost:
1,500 gold
Build:
Dagger, Long Sword, Vampiric Scepter
Effect:
+15 Attack Damage, +15 Attack Speed, +15% Lifesteal. Unqiue: Gains 2.5% attack damage and attack speed each time the wearer attacks. Stacks up to 5 times.
No. Giving percent Attack Damage, Even BONUS Percent Attack damage is stupid. Have it give a flat amount and it will be fine. And also, it doesn't say how long it stacks for. So I'll have 12.5% attack damage for the entire game? Too powerful.

Quote:
Attachment 565956
Name:
Conjurer's Blades
Tier:
Mythical
Cost:
4200 gold
Build:
Bilgewater Cutlass, Hextech Revolver, Sheen
Effect:
+250 Mana, +70 Ability Power, +40 Attack Damage, +20% Lifesteal, +15% Spellvamp
Active: Conjures two ethereal blades to assist the caster. Each blade has shares 20% of the caster's stats. Lasts for 5 seconds.
*Note* If the blades are out while the champion does /joke the blades attack eachother.
You have a Sheen in the recipe, but you don't have a Spellsword Passive?

Quote:
Attachment 567112
Name:
Hail the Queen
Tier:
Legendary
Cost:
3,600 gold
Build:
BF Sword, Kindlegem, Zeal
Effect:
+400 Health, +65 Attack Damage, +15% Critical Strike Chance. Unique: 15% cooldown reduction. Active: Increases attack speed by 30% and movement speed by 15% for 6 seconds.
A Youumu's Ghostblade with Extra stats.

Quote:
Attachment 567111
Name: Save the Queen
Tier:
Legendary
Cost:
3,350 gold
Build:
Heart of Gold, Moonflair Sword, Tear of the Goddess
Effect:
+350 Health,+350 Mana, +50 Ability Power, +35 Tenacity, +10 Mana Regen per sec. Each time an ability is used health and mana are increased by 5 for a maximum of 800 health and 400 mana. Use: Removes 1 crowd control effect from the user.
1. Heart of Gold and Moonflair Spellblade do not exist in the game anymore.
2. You'd have to be able to translate the stacks on Tear to the stacks on Save the Queen. And when Mana caps out, Health keeps going? That would be a net loss of mana had I had a full Tear.
3. Why would I build this when I could build RoA instead?

Quote:
Attachment 565957
(Picture from hiveworkshops.com)
Name:
Tempest's Bindings
Tier:
Advanced
Cost:
2800 gold
Build:
Chalice of Harmony, Glacial Shroud, Rejuvenation Bead
Effect:
+425 Mana, +50 Armor, +40% Magic Resistance. Every time the holder of this item takes damage the cooldown of the item and their abilities is decreased by .5 seconds.
Active: The holder goes invisible and rapidly regenerates 15% of their health and mana. If they take damage the effect wears off. Lasts 5 seconds.
An item that gives stealth. No.

Quote:
Attachment 565959
Name:
Testament Shard
Tier:
Advanced
Cost:
1800 gold
Build:
Philosopher's Stone, Catalyst
Effect:
+300 health, +5 health regen, Amplifies highest stat by 5% for five seconds. Increases by an additional 10 health, +1 health regen and 2% stat increase per use, capping at 500 health, +10 health regen and 20% stat increase.
I'm confused on what exactly this is supposed to do. What is the highest "Stat"? Health? Mana? Health Regen/5? Mana Regen/5? Critical Chance? Critical Damage? Armor Penetration? Magic Penetration? Life Steal? Spell Vamp? Attack Damage? Ability Power? Armor? Magic Resist? Movement Speed? Attack Speed?

Quote:
Attachment 567116
Name:
Tome of the Conqueror
Tier:
Mythical
Cost:
3,900 gold
Build:
Claw of the Fallen, Morello's Evil Tome
Effect:
+30 Attack Damage, +20 Attack Speed, +15% Lifesteal. Unqiue: 25% Cooldown Reduction. Active: Wearer gains an additional 15 Attack Damage, +15 Attack Speed. Attacks cause grievous wounds, decreasing healing and regeneration of the targets for 8 seconds. (25 second cooldown.)
[/Center]
No. It builds out of an AP item, and it doesn't give AP, or mana regen, the Active is underpowered compared to Executioner's calling and what the Morello's Evil Tome (Now Morellonomicon) does now.
It also doesn't upgrade your previous item. Why would I upgrade to this when your previous item was much more powerful?

Wulffe

12-10-2012

Yes, I designed them before season 3 hit. But please note that these are the first items I've ever suggested on here and have just enough knowledge of items to pass as a decent player. :|

On a side note from that, I appreciation the criticism as I can use it to make the items better but for future reference if you're going to tell someone how horrible something is then make sure to add in some suggestions as to what they can do to fix it. But for now let's start with the items here.

For the Banner: I took an aesthetic build for this and mainly used the sash for the banner. Should I add in the cleanse effect? Perhaps make the flag cleanse the user or the closest ally to the flag?

For the Claw: I didn't realize that it had no duration on it. I will fix that and make it flat damage.

For the Swords: I thought I had transferred that in. I'll fix that too.

For Hail the Queen: I didn't realize how similar this was to Youumu's Ghostblade. I want to keep the item so I'll be overhauling it.

For Save the Queen: Another item I will have to overhaul.

For the Bindings: You are the second person to say no to this and the second person not to explain why not?

For the Shard: It only affects the highest base stat of the owner. It is not added to runes or masteries.

For the Tome: I was trying to build an ADC item while converting an AP to meet the criteria. I did want a reference to Tempest and her conquest and that's what I came up with. So this would be a third item up for redoing.

Thank you for taking the time to look over the items and providing your insight. As I said before it'll definitely help me in building better items.

NobSaiboot

12-21-2012

Not to sound like I want to ***** myself out but could fellow summoner's champion concepts be added to this?

TinchoSantiago

12-23-2012

bump, pretty cool

Zuirgarisha

01-07-2013

I will bump this thread. It has piqued my interest...

Wulffe

01-15-2013

Possibly, Cryoshell. That would depend on where they fit in to the overall theme. Even if the expansion revolves around Tempest it would be nice to have some champions come out that fit into the story.

Wulffe

02-01-2013

I just tweaked some of the items listed and tagged which ones I will eventually be overhauling to make the better, faster, stronger so they can be worked harder!

OuttaControl56

02-01-2013

Bumped out of interest.