(Semi-Open RP) Kingdoms of Fire and Ruin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SmileyDemon

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Viper View Post

"No wait, not a good reason, an interesting reason. If I spare you, what do I get from it?" The smile on Vanessa's face matched the glint in her eyes: Sadistic.

"Go ahead. Convince me."
Carnage saw his chance for freedom with the arrival of this witch. For with the death of his fleshy host he would be free to roam this world and visit his own terror unto it.

A seething ball of fire erupted from Barbas as Carnage harnessed his rage. The rage fire twisted about the landscape and formed ethereal wings upon Barbas. Horns grew from the mortals head as he began to look more like Carnage. As for Carnage himself he manifested above Barbas like a shadow. The fleshy connection with Barbas had also effected him however as his original plan was to force the witch to slay Barbas but he suddenly found himself being influenced by Barbas.

"Pathetic mortal. I bubble and burn beneath this fleshy surface, bleeding out my rage to the world. The dragons debt means little to me just as this realm does. It will all burn eventually beneath the tides of endless war. "

Carnage began to look into the mind of the mortal before him and to his delight found the sustenance he wanted.

"You mind is a fragile shell pieced together with the emotions of thousands. You are a banquet! I need your mind!" said Carnage as dragonic face erupted from the churning fire that manifested from Barbas."I'll devour your utterly, body and soul."

Grand Viper

01-16-2013

((Just want to make sure, you are talking to Vanessa, right, or is Carnage speaking to Barbas in his mindscape?))

TheShadowOfChaos

01-16-2013

Black Honor Deck

Phantom walked up towards the Coral Priestess and bowed before speaking. He was worried that they would not be very appreciative of his use of darkness and shadows. However, the Priestess seemed to be understanding, more so than the other two. "Please excuse my unappealing appearance as a being of the shadow but rest assured that I am on your side. Me and my loyal subordinates are at your service, Priestess. We will happily assist your fellow allies.".

Meanwhile on the Shadow Isles

There was the sound of constant ringing throughout the Isles that pierced the usual silence. Moaning and thudding of various undead creatures are heard as they swung massive hammers onto red-hot pieces of metal. The commotion grew along the coastline where more creatures began to build grotesque looking ships seemingly made of some kind of flesh. Liches, dark mages, and all magical persons chanted endless spells while more subtle vampires gather in masses to prepare themselves. Everyone was in a state of urgency and the already darkened sky of the Shadow Isles grew a bit darker..

SmileyDemon

01-16-2013

((Talking to Vanessa))

Grand Viper

01-16-2013

Vanessa watched the transformation of Barbas with disinterest. She yawned and stared at his larger, demonic form. With a shrug, the woman laughed at the situation. "Can't say I didn't see this coming."

Her hand had now regrown her missing index finger, so she was able to point at the demon before her. Vanessa crowed in a mocking tone, "Also can't say I'm that kind of woman, buddy! You didn't even buy me dinner first! And really, this only convinces me to plant a dumb-ass tree in your honor!"

Vanessa whipped her right hand out to the side, the sound of bones snapping and cracking evident. Her hand quickly elongated into a wickedly curved blade made of bone, seven feet in length, half a foot wide and two inches thick.

She leapt back while swinging her arm around, a tendril of tendon and flesh attached to the base of her weapon as it hurtled forward at the Carnage knight, Barbas, and his army. The knight himself was not her intended target, however, despite the trajectory of the blade. She was aiming to strike at least one of the undead soldiers that had come with Barbas, though if she managed to wound him, why not decapitate a few dozen birds with one blade?

Necromonger

01-16-2013

BLACK HONOR, MAIN DECK

The Coral priestess looked at Shadow with caution. “Forgive the Wanizame for their suspicion. Since ancient times, the dark waters of the sea have been omens of evil and death amongst the water folk.” She kept a healthy distance though, as theirs was a slow to trust of nature.

Having convinced the leaders to show cooperation, Hilde managed a sigh of relief and immediately went to the helmsman. “Logan, please tell everyone to be prepared. The battle is much closer than any of us would like.” She then directed the ships into a fog, where the gulls were guiding her. It was not the sort of place ships should go, but it was needed.

Marlena would eventually make her way on deck, but accompanying Claude. For some reason she felt she must keep an eye on him, but truthfully she didn’t know what else to do. At times she felt out of place, being thrust into the middle of this war of unimaginable scale, with barely the fighting ability of a common soldier. What could she possibly do, and why would it matter?

Her wandering mind would find its way back to the present day as a bolt of lightning struck the Black Honor’s lightning rod, as Hilde had just driven the ships into a storm.

“STORM!” The call went out.

The Jade Siren

In the driving rain on the open sea, in a sea battle shrouded by fog and heavy rain, the young adult blue dragon Storm Reaver, orbited above a light Ionian Frigate, the Jade Siren. It roared and exulted in the rain, thunder and lightning, as with each time it used it’s breathe weapon, a gout of lightning would electrify the waters. The Siren had a lightning rod, especially empowered to protect against such a common element on the seas. Each time Storm Reaver attempted to sweep in to swat the rod aside, arrows, bullets and magic would discourage him- but his passing had already torn the mast. He was toying with the ship, taking his time to pick of its defenders.

The Siren’s crew were part of the Ionian reserve guard, most of its passenger’s civilians- they were separated from the main evacuation fleet, and were now on its own to defend against a terrible storm dragon. The crew would have fallen immediately to the boarding merefolk, were it not for allies that severely hindered their numbers.

“Lady Wong! Three ships at 4 o’clock!” An Ionian marine armed with a short katana said, fending off a ferocious, aquatic quadruped fish-creature. All around Ionian soldiers were doing their best to fight, while archers and mages feebly trying to harm the dragon.

((http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/480 Guest starring only. Not part of the main rp.))

A twirling staff meanwhile smashes sideways into a merefolk’s face, sending it sprawling onto the deck. Elizabeth Wong, one Irelia’s lieutenants in the guard and in charge of the protection of the ship, looked yonder. “Well, let’s hope they’re friendly.”

TheShadowOfChaos

01-17-2013

Black Honor Deck

"I am sure it is sensible to be cautious." Then the bolt of lightning alerted him to the quick change of weather. The sudden storm had also forced the rest of Phantom's men onto the deck where they narrowly dodge lightning bolts. Of course the sudden materialization of the Forsaken Elites had startled some sailors, and if he had to guess, the Wanizame as well. However, many were focused with the task at hand. All the Forsaken and Phantom too gathered in the front of the ships getting ready to engage in combat. "EVERYONE PREPARE YOURSELVES!!"

RadiantCastiel

01-18-2013

((White Priests can wake me up at any time you see fit, Del))

Luparis

01-18-2013

((Radient you are privy to wake yourself whenever you please. The priests are just mages with adept healing magics. Anyway, I'm aware I have a lot of posting to do... trying to think best how to do it so I can start tieing some things together nicely.

So, get back to y'all soon!))

RadiantCastiel

01-19-2013

Black Honor, Men's Block

Fulgriel woke up with a pounding headache. He opened his eyes, and saw white priests standing over him. He clutched the hem of the robe of a white priest and said hastily: "Take me to Delmegar immediately! I have an urgent message!"