Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Anticipation on the NEW META CHANGES

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

slyguy6802

11-27-2012

Here are some anticipations on how the meta could change and why it would change that way. I will list out everything then explain why because you have to understand the whole picture in order to understand why.

Lanes

Mid
ADC and Support. Most work as of the way they are built.

Top (On Purple Team)
Strong Top that can Push and has High Mobility.

Top (On Blue Team)
Someone who can make use of Blue or do without if ADC or even Support can use well.

Bot (On Purple Team)
Someone who can farm 2 vs 1 is a Must. Bonuses that are not necessary but that are Very Helpful: High Utility in Abilities, Mobility, Objective Control, Pushing Potential.
(This may change slightly if Meta falls away from Two Bot)

Bot (On Blue Team)
Same applies as Bot Purple but having someone who benefits Well off of Blue is Ideal.

Jungle
Someone who can Jungle Fast, Counter Jungle, Gank, and "Jungle Gank" Well.

Explanation

Why ADC and Support Mid?
First off as many of you know even though Riot has made Supports more "Valuable" as they have more utility than before, ADC is still the most valuable role in League of Legends. If a team fight happens having your ADC survive till the end of it can be game changing as they can take out towers and inhibitors usually the fastest. Enough Said.

The ADC is in the Mid because:
A. They are the safest there.
B. They can push down the most valuable tower fast (Mid tower down allows for better Jungle Invasion and Ultimately better Map Control).
C. They can help with all objectives on the Map easier than they could at the bottom lane.

Secondly
Objectives. Every single piece of gold, exp, information is valuable to all players. Some players it is more valuable to then others depending on the role they play. Enough Said. The Jungle is soon to be more valuable than it was before. Therefore Counter Jungling will be more valuable. Getting to my point, Support being in lane with a safe ADC Mid will allow them to roam more.

The Support should roam because:
A. They need the least exp and gold as their abilities are primarily there for utility.
B. They can ward the whole map easier saving other players gold who need it more.
C. They can help with Jungle Invasions and Ganks.

All Lanes

Pushing
The Asian scene has come out with many team comps that focus on one thing. Pushing. And why wouldn't they focus on anything else besides getting to there Ultimate Objective... The Nexus.

By Pushing You Achieve:
A. Map Control
B. Gold
C. Victory

Mobility
Getting to and from objectives allows you to collect as many objectives as you can in a shorter amount of time given than you are able to take those objectives.

By Having High Mobility You Can:
A. Collect More Gold and Exp
B. Gank and Invade More
C. Help Your Team More

Objective Control
Objectives big and small are what get you closer to winning the game. Whether it's a tower, buff, or kill. These things matter and having Control over these things makes you in control of the game.

Objective Control Offers:
A. Gold and Exp
B. Buffs
C. Ability to Force Fights

Buffs with Lanes
As we all pretty much know certain buffs work better on different champions. If someone is so called "Blue Dependent" than you should put them nearest to the Buff in Top or Bottom lane Respectively. If not than other options are open. If your Jungler is someone like lee sin who can Jungle and Kill the enemy team easily without blue and no one else particularly needs it I must say that giving your blue to your support is really underrated.

The reasons why supports never really get blue buff:
A. Other "more favorable" champions can do well with it
B. Lane set up (Sometimes on other side of the map)
C. Killed easily

The reasons why they should get blue buff more in Season 3:
A. Movement changes (Safer to move around map without boots)
B. Summoner Spell CV is now stronger than Ever (can "mark" champions with it revealing them even after the CV radius for a brief period of time)
C. New items buff supports (Supports get more gold and spend less with ward and/or pot refresh bundles)

Final Thoughts:
This new Meta is comprised up of what makes most sense to me given the new changes that are coming into play with Season 3. There Are Infinite strategies and possibilities in team compositions and that is part of what makes this game so much fun so I'm not saying other strategies won't work

What I have written out is a General Layout for the New Meta based off of the Facts of how the game is:
A. Won (Towers, Nexus)
B. Laid Out (Map. Items, Abilities)
C. Enjoyed (Kills, Total Dominance)

There is so much more to talk about but I have written a lot for the day. If you would like to talk more about the New Meta or to just Kill some Enemies Feel Free to Add me at
slyguy6802.

Disclaimer: I did not intend for this "New Meta" to actually be very similar to the "Old Meta" in Season 1. Only after completing 90% of this did I finally realize, Wow, this is really similar to how things used to be. Thumbs Up if you didn't realize until the end that it was similar to Season 1 Meta either or if you were around when this whole Meta thing had just begun.

Skury420

11-27-2012

Seems to complicated for solo queue, but in premades, might work.

slyguy6802

11-27-2012

I did write this with premades and/or professional teams in mind because I'm sure to get the "Meta" going it would take a group of people to lead way and/or to show by example.

Skury420

11-27-2012

Go make yourself a team, and win. I give you permission to use my name, or my likeness in your logo, only if you win though.

Durzaka

11-27-2012

ADC/support dont go mid for several reasons, none of which are changing in this patch.

support gets no CS, relying on GP/10 to buy what it needs, and there are more places to ward mid.

The current meta has a mage mid so they can farm relatively safely because of how squishy they are, and with easy access to blue for both sides. Put a mage bot for blue and they dont get blue, meaning they WILL lose the lane to a mage with blue.

Basically, in your thoughts on the changes, mages will no longer be needed (not many mages want to farm 1v2 that is for sure).

Nothing is changing in the patch to significantly force a meta change. It is the meta for a reason, and that reason isnt because it is the preferred playstyle of everyone.

iralos7713

11-27-2012

Most of this should ring true, except I don't think that there will ever be a time when two mid will be the norm. Mid is one of the easiest lanes to escape from because you are so close to your turret, and most AP champs are lacking in escapes, which makes them being so close to a tower more favorable.

EDIT: The guy above me sums it up better.

Grollm

11-27-2012

The problem is your AP carry. The reason you send your ADC and your support bot is, the lane is easier to gank yes, but you have another person there to help peel the jungler off your carry so they can survive. If you send your adc and support mid then that leaves your AP carry needing to go bot, where he or she is going to get wrecked. The only AP carry I can think of that can 2 v 1 is Cho'gath, and if you have a bruiser top, an AP bruiser bot, and AD/Support Mid, your AP bot is going to be underfed due to the tower being constantly pushed. I dunno bro, I don't think it would work.

slyguy6802

11-27-2012

@Durzaka Not sure if you read the whole thing as it is long. Mages go to the lane where to blue buff is. Aka top for blue team, bottom for purple team. Unless not needed or otherwise undesirable.
On blue team then it would be 1 vs 1 top. Some AP champions I've seen top are: Elise, Diana, Alkali, and even Cassiopeia. Have you seen the new Double Assassin comp with Voyboy playing his Alkali recently? Don't really need much more AP damage when considering all those kill he was getting.

Type of AP's I could see played are ones that can kite well or jump in for the kill. (Don't fight or All in) Bringing ghost could be a great thing for players like Orianna. I've even seen Flash Ghost on Vlad Mid Before.
Reason Being Flash is getting nerfed so that the Meta will not stay stale. Trying to Keep stale and/or not being innovative is most likely not going to win you games here on the higher levels. Did you see the triple bruiser comp that won the Dream Hack Finals? Yeah that's what i'm talking about.
Mid isn't really two people anyways. Roaming support who should maybe start mid could also start bot. Reason to start mid is that exp is better on AP mids and also lvl 2 ganks will not be as prevalent due to the changes so the pressure wont be on as much. Push them to there tower while your support and/or jungler is around. Go back. Freeze Lane. Repeat.

slyguy6802

11-27-2012

Shameless self bumb

Meshly

11-27-2012

The laning part of the Meta won't seem like it's gonna change. People are being pretty strict on lane positions and would refuse to change. And though I dislike Metas in general I must say the lane places seem more than viable.