Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Game][Minor]Mana Charge...Tear of Goddess Evolutions!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KobaltKode

11-27-2012

I don't know if anyone else has noticed it, but the Mana Charge passive changes when tear is upgraded to either Archangel's Scepter or Manamune. In the tear from Mana Charge works exactly as described with it's 3 second internal cooldown. When upgraded thought, the clause that effects spell casts/mana spending changes. This creates what I will call a pseudo proc for now [this proc adds mana, but does not trigger any internal cooldown].

When casting or mana spending, two pseudo procs can occur before a real one does. You can reproduce this effect by playing Anivia, hitting level 6 and obtaining either upgrade of the tear. Activating your ultimate and watching the item will show 3 rapid procs before the actual cooldown occurs. This is likewise of casting abilities on other champs, you can stack Mana Charge with 3 casts before the three second cooldown occurs. Once the true proc kicks in on mana spending it works as advertised until consumption stops and then it resets to the pseudo procs.

The true proc seems to prevent pseudo procs which is made obvious with Manamune, which will trigger a true proc with each auto attack. This makes casting after auto attacking fruitless and at times there seems to be a longer than 3 second delay on this trigger [though i attribute this to PBE lag].

I'm not sure if this was intended as a matter of balance or just missed, so i'm just going to leave this report on it.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

namora

11-27-2012

I don't know whether the manamune issue is legitimate or not, but I know that they enabled it so that burst* champions like* annie can get up to 3 stacks on the casting of up to 3 spells in the time of the first cooldown, by which there's an internal timer as to how soon you can do something like that again. From what I understand, this is intentional to help champions that have a "burst" period to obtain stacks, but can be abused by champions like karthus who do not need this aid. Also, they changed the passive to affect spent mana, which is also abused by many a champion. I'm hoping Riot will clear up what's supposed to happen, and what's not, because there's a lot of changes to these items that aren't seen in the description.

* the key words here are burst and like.