Summoner Name Cleanup and 50% Off Name Change Sale

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KevinDelMarr

11-27-2012

Will you reinstate the Summoner Name Change Sale everytime you do a sweep? Will Name Changes in general ever get a permanent reduction in price, say to 975?

Lana Dél Rey

11-27-2012

So if the player with the name I want has not been active for four months they keep their name or can I steal it?

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

11-27-2012
9 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by un5 CyberSpade View Post
I just bought a name change yesterday, Can I put a ticket in somewhere to get 50% off?
Sorry, no, because your purchase didn't take place in the two weeks before the sale.

Pelagius

11-27-2012

YES! Now I gotta save my RP.

Xeruza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

omg finally

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

11-27-2012
10 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monika Cheng View Post
Level 6 account names also? Or 5 and below?
Just Level 5 and below this time. We will get to the rest of the legitimately inactive names eventually, but we had to draw the line somewhere this time and there are a lot of names that qualify because it's been so long since our last cleanup.

BlackTearPony

11-27-2012

I would like a 7 rune page sale

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

11-27-2012
11 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorfUSAF View Post
How is this goign to work with people who have friended that person? Will they auto be deleted from all friends lists? or if somone else picks that name, now that person will show online... instead of the other person whom was orignally named this. ???
The friends list is tied to the account, not the name. So if you have inactive friends, you will see their new inactive name on your friends list after the cleanup. Once they log back into their account, they can pick a new name.

Hyru

11-27-2012

I have a question. Will summoner names from higher level accounts ever be free'd up for inactive accounts which haven't even played a game in over a year? I have been trying to get Gensou (without the ) for the longest time. That summoner is level 25 and hasn't played a game since October of 2011. I'd really like to snag the name if at all possible :/

WLHF SananMasa

11-27-2012

so if we want a free name-change, we just stay inactive for a week? xD