Summoner Name Cleanup and 50% Off Name Change Sale

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Souperfast

12-04-2012

Well, that stinks. I just changed my name for full price. Guess I should have waited.....

Swaggin Baggins

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

naw ill keep my name ty

JS5 warloo

12-04-2012

You said when the patch 1.73 will go out, the summoner name will drop to 650Rp. The patch is not out and the summoner name change is still at 1300RP. When is it going o 650?

Darth Melkor

12-04-2012

This is nice and kinda sucky at the same time since the name I want is lvl 30 but hasn't played a game since July 2011.

It's too bad that there's no way to buy a voucher for the name change while the sale is going on and then change the name at a later time when the desired name is freed up.

ColdBarrier

12-05-2012

Does the name change discount apply to account name swapping also?

Fancy Foxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by warloo View Post
You said when the patch 1.73 will go out, the summoner name will drop to 650Rp. The patch is not out and the summoner name change is still at 1300RP. When is it going o 650?
Um how about you read the beginning of your comment. Then realise how stupid your question seems.

Frozen Control

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
[aws3]news/November_2012/2012_11_27_Summoner_Name_Cleanup_and_Sale/SummonerNameChange_Banner.jpg[/aws3]

When Patch 1.73 arrives in mid-December (the 11th at the earliest), we’ll be rounding up inactive accounts to make those summoner names available to players. To make it easier for you to pick up a new summoner name, we’re also putting name changes on sale for 50% off.

An inactive account is any account under level 6 that hasn’t played a game since January 1, 2012. To keep those accounts’ names, you’ll have to log on and play at least one game between now and Sunday, December 9, at 11:59 PM PST. If you miss the deadline, don’t worry – your account is still active, but you’ll be prompted to choose a new summoner name when you log in next time. Only inactive accounts are at risk to lose their summoner names.

From the release of Patch 1.73 through December 26, summoner name changes will cost 650 RP, down from their normal 1300 RP price. As part of your Season Three prep, why not upgrade your summoner name to one that foreshadows your impending domination?

We look forward to seeing your creative new aliases on the Fields of Justice soon!
I want to change my name to have a (S e x)without space in the end of the name will my account be banned cause my friend told me that he's account been banned cause of his name

TectonicRoboHoov

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhairypen15 View Post
THANKS RIOT
i can finally change my stupid name >.<
Bwahaha! That made my day.

IGetAround

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanna View Post
So the patch releases earliest on December 11th, but they are deleting names come December 9? How is that working out exactly? Are we able to go for the names as soon as they delete them or do we have to wait for the patch to be installed first?

I hope if it's the latter, the patch day won't be an issue for logging in and performing transactions.
This needs to be answered.

HeartlessWytche

12-07-2012

Was this patch (1.73) the latest one?

Or is the new one coming....
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/2579
I want my name, and if he's logged since January 1st... I'm going to cry