Summoner Name Cleanup and 50% Off Name Change Sale

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlmightySOUK

12-02-2012

Cool. Can't wait for the patch

imrtlsaij

12-02-2012

i don't know what riot's plans and policy currently are, but this exact occurrence should definitely be an annual thing. (:

TOP10 ELO

12-02-2012

where the hell did u come up with that name "the release of Patch 1.73"

it should be V1.0.0.152

source http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/V1.0.0.151

TOP10 ELO

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The friends list is tied to the account, not the name. So if you have inactive friends, you will see their new inactive name on your friends list after the cleanup. Once they log back into their account, they can pick a new name.
How will be their new inactive name, can you give us an example?

BluAsh

12-02-2012

You might want to update the name change faq with the new post. Also is there any way we can get higher level inactive accounts tagged for name refresh? I have a name I want and a level 8 has it but hasn't played in well over a year..

Hahutzy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

12-02-2012

Can I swap names between 2 accounts?

Suda

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
[aws3]news/November_2012/2012_11_27_Summoner_Name_Cleanup_and_Sale/SummonerNameChange_Banner.jpg[/aws3]

When Patch 1.73 arrives in mid-December (the 11th at the earliest), we’ll be rounding up inactive accounts to make those summoner names available to players. To make it easier for you to pick up a new summoner name, we’re also putting name changes on sale for 50% off.

An inactive account is any account under level 6 that hasn’t played a game since January 1, 2012. To keep those accounts’ names, you’ll have to log on and play at least one game between now and Sunday, December 9, at 11:59 PM PST. If you miss the deadline, don’t worry – your account is still active, but you’ll be prompted to choose a new summoner name when you log in next time. Only inactive accounts are at risk to lose their summoner names.

From the release of Patch 1.73 through December 26, summoner name changes will cost 650 RP, down from their normal 1300 RP price. As part of your Season Three prep, why not upgrade your summoner name to one that foreshadows your impending domination?

We look forward to seeing your creative new aliases on the Fields of Justice soon!

LOL you guys are awesome and this is not even a sock puppet account LOLOL

Cuhleef

12-02-2012

Darn, I wanted a name of a level 29 guy and he hasn't played in probably 2 years since he doesn't have a match history.

Santillana

12-03-2012

hi

lmman44

12-03-2012

Its goddamn hilarious to see people thankful for name changes.you know despite the fact you have to pay for it to begin lol so damn greedy riot