Summoner Name Cleanup and 50% Off Name Change Sale

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lvl100 Haunter

11-28-2012

Wow the name I wanted fit the criteria, but the owner of the account played one custom game, 6 days ago

Trowadeath

11-28-2012

I don't know how name changes work, so will you be able to check if the name is available before paying?

CycleOfHatred

11-28-2012

What should my next name be?
"uMirinBrah" or "MidLeeSinOP"

Icarus007x

11-28-2012

How annoying. One of the names I had my eye on, an account that was level 1 and hadn't played any games since 2011, has suddenly played one game and thus avoided the wipe purely to have an account with a name that noone can use! Even though they wouldn't be using it them self most likely.

LieutLangan

11-28-2012

What if the account is level 6? Is it only under level 6? The account is mine and I made a one one because I lost the email address but I would change my summoner name if I could.

Taff1887

11-28-2012

it still says 1300 rp

Nyota

11-28-2012

Lol.

Go to a clothing store and buy a new pair of jeans. Watch the jeans go on sale the next day. Take them back to the store, and say "Hey, these are on sale now, I want a partial refund or some kind of deal, it's only fair!" and see what they tell you.

Sign up for a new internet plan for X-dollars a month, then the next day watch the provider put up a New Subscribers don't pay for 6 months deal. Go to them and tell them you just subscribed the day before and see what they tell you.

To the people saying they deserve refunds or partial refunds because they recently changed their names, lol that's just not how things work. Sucks but that's just it. I've bought skins and other things RIGHT before sales, but I mean, when you buy something under the terms, you're agreeing to that price. :/ *Shrug* Should've been patient and just waited for something like this to come along- Riot's pretty good about offering deals so we all should have known this would come some time. Nobody's fault but your own if you got too impatient and bought a change too early lol

Besides, how would you decide how far back the "recent" name changes should go for the case of partial refunds? One week before this announcement? One month before? Cause what about the people who miss that mark by a day or two. "Aw, I could have gotten a partial refund for my name change if I waited 2 days to do it." Now how fair is that.

Soulintha

11-29-2012

I think it should be any accounts that haven't been played since Jan 1st. There are several names I kinda want but level certain 12 newbies has them and haven't played a game in ages.

YattaRX8

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PREETY T View Post
it still says 1300 rp
Quote:
From the release of Patch 1.73 through December 26

herp derp :3

Xancat

11-29-2012

What if it's level 9 and hasn't played a game since January 1st of 2012? It's basically my summoner's name without the weird "i" in Prime