Summoner Name Cleanup and 50% Off Name Change Sale

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DewgongDewgong

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
[aws3]news/November_2012/2012_11_27_Summoner_Name_Cleanup_and_Sale/SummonerNameChange_Banner.jpg[/aws3]

When Patch 1.73 arrives in mid-December (the 11th at the earliest), we’ll be rounding up inactive accounts to make those summoner names available to players. To make it easier for you to pick up a new summoner name, we’re also putting name changes on sale for 50% off.

An inactive account is any account under level 6 that hasn’t played a game since January 1, 2012. To keep those accounts’ names, you’ll have to log on and play at least one game between now and Sunday, December 9, at 11:59 PM PST. If you miss the deadline, don’t worry – your account is still active, but you’ll be prompted to choose a new summoner name when you log in next time. Only inactive accounts are at risk to lose their summoner names.

From the release of Patch 1.73 through December 26, summoner name changes will cost 650 RP, down from their normal 1300 RP price. As part of your Season Three prep, why not upgrade your summoner name to one that foreshadows your impending domination?

We look forward to seeing your creative new aliases on the Fields of Justice soon!
give me refund literally just changed name yesterday night

JevelFaithful

11-28-2012

agrrrr!
200rp away from being able to change that typo in my name. Looks like I'll stay stati-qock. (was suposed to be StatiqShock Q.Q)

Kirithx

11-28-2012

There's a dude that hasn't played for 6 months now, and he's level 13. Does that mean that the name won't be available because he's level 13? Do the names only get removed if they're level 6? Because I really want the name, and it's kinda uncool that he's only level 13, and hasn't played for 6 months, and has the name that I want.

Heriotio

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

What if i wanted to get my name on the game, but apparently someone took that name already and they last played in october and they level 12, do they lose their name?

Kirithx

11-28-2012

I believe it should be any account under level 30 that hasn't played in over 5 months should have their names wiped. It's kinda unfair that they only have to be level 6. Accounts under level 30 aren't really a big deal.

Harrada

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

Well that sucks... The name I want has not played in over a year, but is level 18... ;-;

Unlock with RP

11-28-2012

Yo girl, my main is perm banned and hasn't played since like feb, I know it wont be changed, but leave the name please.

YattaRX8

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirithx View Post
There's a dude that hasn't played for 6 months now, and he's level 13. Does that mean that the name won't be available because he's level 13? Do the names only get removed if they're level 6? Because I really want the name, and it's kinda uncool that he's only level 13, and hasn't played for 6 months, and has the name that I want.
You think that's not cool? I've been waiting since the open beta for something like this because the person with the name I want has 0 games played... since the open beta...

Eggorry

11-28-2012

How about using a simple scale like "Inactive Users are: Level X Users who haven't played in over X months" e.g.
Level 1 accounts who haven't played in over 1 month
Level 2 accounts who haven't played in over 2 months
Level 30 accounts who haven't played in over 30 months
etc.

Then you could enforce it on a much more regular basis (weekly/monthly/every patch) without having to worry about surprising users. And any one waiting for a particular name would be able to calculate exactly when the unused account will expire.

SlashTech

11-28-2012

It's funny how so many people "just changed their name" even though the notice of this name change sale was posted a couple days ago. :P