Summoner Name Cleanup and 50% Off Name Change Sale

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

Is there ANY way to bump it up to level 6?

The name I want is level 6 and hasn't logged in in over a year. When I first heard that you guys were doing it again, I was really really happy and greatly regretted not taking advantage of this last time.

To know that I'll be missing out because the guy is level 6 instead of level 5 makes me super sad.

Nny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcen View Post
Terrible idea.

Scenario:

A person plays LoL often and nearly every day. They are incapable of playing the specific days the auditing is occuring. They lose their name.

Negative effects.

If they want to clean up summoner names, they should individually (yes) check the last time a person has played their account to determine if they are deserving of losing their name. This protects people who wont have access to get on and play on the dead line, even if they do play frequently.
You do realize that it's between Jan 1st, 2012 - Dec 9th, 2012 that someone needs to have played, correct?

A lot of these posts make me believe people don't understand that., and think that someone needs to have played a game from Nov 27th - Dec 9th lol

Nola

11-27-2012

Quote:
Terrible idea.

Scenario:

A person plays LoL often and nearly every day. They are incapable of playing the specific days the auditing is occuring. They lose their name.

Negative effects.

If they want to clean up summoner names, they should individually (yes) check the last time a person has played their account to determine if they are deserving of losing their name. This protects people who wont have access to get on and play on the dead line, even if they do play frequently.
I guess you just ignored the part that said "An inactive account is any account under level 6 that hasnít played a game since January 1, 2012" If you play often I doubt you're still stuck at level 6... And I doubt even more that 10 months of non-playing can be called "often".

StormWalkerr

11-27-2012

WHERE can we find out what names will be "POSSIBLY" available?

Also.. I think I need to submit a ticket because I literally just changed my name YESTERDAY for 1300 before reading this.. FML.

~Storm

Firefly Captain

11-27-2012

Quote:
Whats the point of making name changes 50% off if you can wait a week and get it for free by abusing the clean up?

#doublejeopardy
Riot wants to make money? WHAT?!!??!?!

Dookr

11-27-2012

Thank god

Nola

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooge View Post
o.O So people who don't play get a free name change and people who are faithful to playing don't. I mean i understand that it's not really like that and it's a forced name change for inactive people which means their current name could be taken, but I still find it odd. "To all those people who never play, here's a free name change, but to those people who actually care about the game and probably actually make us money we will only give you a discount." Am I the only one who noticed that this is practically what they were saying? I mean this kinda screws over the guys who play regularly, aren't pro, and are dying for a name change. Keeping their name doesn't matter much because they're not famous and they don't want to pay to have to change it, but they still have to. Even the reset for them wouldn't be a huge deal because they most likely won't have their name stolen since they're not really well known, but that's only given to the people who don't play at all.
You're just twisting Hippalus' words now... If you haven't played for almost a year I doubt you'll feel the forced name change as a gift. Furthermore, who even cares about a 1year old level 6 account? This is a free to play game, and they are giving you options to change your name; I don't understand everyone's complains. Want to get your name changed? Change it. Don't want to? Don't.
I agree with the fact that a 1year old level 6 account will most probably never be reactivated (as it is almost quicker to level up a new account) and will most probably never net Riot any money. I would suggest a suppression of all old, low leveled accounts.

Sorry if I sounded mean, I just felt like your critics were kind of misplaced: they are giving you an awesome thing, yet you find the way to twist it and say "hey they're screwing me!"

Auryx

11-27-2012

Quote:
Whats the point of making name changes 50% off if you can wait a week and get it for free by abusing the clean up?

#doublejeopardy
Yep, all of us with our level 5 and lower accounts who have put off playing for a whole year are in for a REAL TREAT.

Seriously, what?

QuasarLeginan

11-27-2012

So if they're above level 6 but haven't played in over a year their name still won't be reset? -.-

Inipro Montoya

11-27-2012

Will a cleanup be in place anytime soon for all inactive accounts, not just the low level ones?