Summoner Name Cleanup and 50% Off Name Change Sale

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nola

11-27-2012

YES!! Much thanks Riot, very very appreciated.

Atlantis750

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

11-27-2012

Awwww. I just miss out, some dude got my name, Atlantis, before me like 2 years ago and he has hasn't moved from Lvl 10 since

Scooge

11-27-2012

o.O So people who don't play get a free name change and people who are faithful to playing don't. I mean i understand that it's not really like that and it's a forced name change for inactive people which means their current name could be taken, but I still find it odd. "To all those people who never play, here's a free name change, but to those people who actually care about the game and probably actually make us money we will only give you a discount." Am I the only one who noticed that this is practically what they were saying? I mean this kinda screws over the guys who play regularly, aren't pro, and are dying for a name change. Keeping their name doesn't matter much because they're not famous and they don't want to pay to have to change it, but they still have to. Even the reset for them wouldn't be a huge deal because they most likely won't have their name stolen since they're not really well known, but that's only given to the people who don't play at all.

SanJseSharks

11-27-2012

I want a certain name but its taken but the person hasnt played since february 17 i think riot should make the date later than january 1st so that i can get the name i want

Nola

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketro View Post
Make Name change cost 6300 IP but only once by year restriction
Riot's a free to play game creator, not a charity fundation... Name changes are secondary, there's no reason to make them free.

RepulsiveHobo

11-27-2012

I would but i have grown accustomed to the random off the top of my head username i created.

Arcen

11-27-2012

Terrible idea.

Scenario:

A person plays LoL often and nearly every day. They are incapable of playing the specific days the auditing is occuring. They lose their name.

Negative effects.

If they want to clean up summoner names, they should individually (yes) check the last time a person has played their account to determine if they are deserving of losing their name. This protects people who wont have access to get on and play on the dead line, even if they do play frequently.

Arcen

11-27-2012

Whats the point of making name changes 50% off if you can wait a week and get it for free by abusing the clean up?

#doublejeopardy

XenefeneX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

I want to change the capitalization on my name so that certain letters are capitalized so people can actual know where the emphasis is. I can't exactly change my name cuz my name is already taken. How would I go about doing that? Would I have to switch my name twice or..?

Firefly Captain

11-27-2012

I get so much flak from the Tribunal because of my name, which I chose for my love of the late Eduard Khil's song (and the Saruman spin-off) :|
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oavMtUWDBTM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaqC5FnvAEc

I think I need to change my name as well