Summoner Name Cleanup and 50% Off Name Change Sale

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aj88

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

thanks I will be able to change my name now

@hipp, can you check this thread please?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...light=referral

Psyclone Joker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
[aws3]news/November_2012/2012_11_27_Summoner_Name_Cleanup_and_Sale/SummonerNameChange_Banner.jpg[/aws3]

When Patch 1.73 arrives in mid-December (the 11th at the earliest), we’ll be rounding up inactive accounts to make those summoner names available to players. To make it easier for you to pick up a new summoner name, we’re also putting name changes on sale for 50% off.

An inactive account is any account under level 6 that hasn’t played a game since January 1, 2012. To keep those accounts’ names, you’ll have to log on and play at least one game between now and Sunday, December 9, at 11:59 PM PST. If you miss the deadline, don’t worry – your account is still active, but you’ll be prompted to choose a new summoner name when you log in next time. Only inactive accounts are at risk to lose their summoner names.

From the release of Patch 1.73 through December 26, summoner name changes will cost 650 RP, down from their normal 1300 RP price. As part of your Season Three prep, why not upgrade your summoner name to one that foreshadows your impending domination?

We look forward to seeing your creative new aliases on the Fields of Justice soon!
Couldn't the sale be Dec. 11-26? Seems to me if the patch gets pushed back the consumers lose out on days of the sale. I get that you're doing this so people can change their name to one of the freed names but if some people want to purchase a change before the purge it should be no problem.

Probably better for your forums as well because I'm sure every day it gets pushed back there will be more and more people unable to log in to the sale, what with people being busy with the holidays and such. The more unhappy people there are the more caps lock threads on the forums.

Frankly I see way more reasons to keep the sale date Dec. 11-26 than to potentially push it back, but I would appreciate your thoughts on this matter.

Corrupt Company

11-27-2012

Does a leave count as a game? Because the account i want has a leave after January.

XeroLate

11-27-2012

i spent 7 name changes already... lol

Excellent

11-27-2012

Got this name after the last cleanup, I'll try to get a better one this time. ^.^

I Am Tolan

11-27-2012

i just changed my name, anyway i could get this discount ?

Koreid

11-27-2012

Yes!

PiX Aceso

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinalTapd View Post
You agreed to the terms when you bought the name change. Other people getting a better deal is no reason for you to get a refund.
I just find there to be a small absence of equality. Denying such a refund to others who purchased the name change is causing a loss of about $5 that can be spent on something else within League. There's bound to be others who purchased the name change within the 2 weeks prior to the sale, and so I'm sure those people are upset as well.

Its Cold Today

11-27-2012

Here we come, the name i want level 2 hasnt played since 011.... victory is mine

Hyperbole

11-27-2012

i need money i wanna change my name -.-