Summoner Name Cleanup and 50% Off Name Change Sale

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aira

11-27-2012

This is great, but why wasn't the cost of a name change 50% off the last time inactive names were cleared up? I had to pay full price to get my name that was previously taken by an inactive summoner.

Mine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

but wat if you are level 2012 and u do not have 6+ games

Pudgy Hamster

11-27-2012

Does this include level 6 people or level 5 and under?

Mayhem Man

11-27-2012

Pretty Cool, but I already did a name change like a year ago, and I love it now. :P

PiX Aceso

11-27-2012

What if we already purchased a summoner name change like, 2 weeks prior to knowing this would happen? I'm quite upset that I'm spending more RP for something that I could've waited for, and so I'm hoping that those who did spend RP already on a name change during Preseason will get a refund or something. It's just upsetting to see this, but I hope that other players will enjoy the name change.

EternalNightmare

11-27-2012

im gonna have to log onto and lvl up my smurf... i definitely dont want the name "The HoundMaster" taken :P

Dinnin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-27-2012

I have a very important question for you Hippalus I have a name I want that I won't say out loud. Been wanting it for a long time. This summoner is level 2 and hasn't played a game since Janurary 28th 2012... will this name be deleted so I can finally have it as my own name... or must I wait longer ?

Et?rnal Demon

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The friends list is tied to the account, not the name. So if you have inactive friends, you will see their new inactive name on your friends list after the cleanup. Once they log back into their account, they can pick a new name.
Then everyone stops playing to get a free Summoner name change!

Hahutzy

Master Recruiter

11-27-2012

Is it possible to swap names between 2 accounts?

SpinalTapd

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX Aceso View Post
What if we already purchased a summoner name change like, 2 weeks prior to knowing this would happen? I'm quite upset that I'm spending more RP for something that I could've waited for, and so I'm hoping that those who did spend RP already on a name change during Preseason will get a refund or something. It's just upsetting to see this, but I hope that other players will enjoy the name change.
You agreed to the terms when you bought the name change. Other people getting a better deal is no reason for you to get a refund.