Summoner Name Cleanup and 50% Off Name Change Sale

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sakk Attack

11-27-2012

Nice Thanks riot... Now can i just borrow 650 RP?? lol

Grim Reaper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SananMasa View Post
so if we want a free name-change, we just stay inactive for a week? xD
If you haven't played on your account since january 1st of this year, than yes.

Braviary

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

I had been waiting for this for a while... sadly, the summoner name I want is level 12 and recently started to play again.

Morff

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The friends list is tied to the account, not the name. So if you have inactive friends, you will see their new inactive name on your friends list after the cleanup. Once they log back into their account, they can pick a new name.
Sounds good, glad it was thought of. Hope all goes well and good luck on the patch.... also, ensure you give me lots of gifts for christmas(or which ever winter holiday you celebrate... if any).

Neo

11-27-2012

Can you make the word "class" available as an available word for a username/team name?
Because it cannot be used since the word "ass" is also in it. Quite disappointing.

However, thank you for the summoner name cleansing.

Auryx

11-27-2012

If a summoner shows absolutely no match history, is this just an error or does it mean they have not played for an extensive period of time?

Also, I thought this included level 6. So sad it doesn't. (The name I was looking at is exactly 6.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gensøu View Post
I have a question. Will summoner names from higher level accounts ever be free'd up for inactive accounts which haven't even played a game in over a year? I have been trying to get Gensou (without the ø) for the longest time. That summoner is level 25 and hasn't played a game since October of 2011. I'd really like to snag the name if at all possible :/
Quote:
Yes! It has been a year since we've done a cleanup like this so we're being somewhat conservative, but I'd like to do a few more in 2013 where we increase the level cap and/or decrease the time needed to become inactive.

Evėl

11-27-2012

Quote:
The friends list is tied to the account, not the name. So if you have inactive friends, you will see their new inactive name on your friends list after the cleanup. Once they log back into their account, they can pick a new name.
<3

DrDolan

11-27-2012

hmn. browser fail.

PGC SexBoy

11-27-2012

can't get my draven why

NidaleeSanan

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
If you haven't played on your account since january 1st of this year, than yes.
I'm lvl 30 and played today, so...damn, not me lol I like my name though