Do Riot employees get to play LoL at work?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

All Hail Swain

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotDamiya View Post
Once upon a time there were three little QA Analysts at Riot Games. We'll call them A, J, and V

Uncle Ryze needed a Platform Analyst and a Gameplay Analyst. And i guess a third Analyst but we don't talk about the short, evil V.

In any case, no one knew how best to figure out which QA Analyst should work on which side of things, so a resolution was sought:

1v1, middle.

Many moons later, the victorious J is the most Senior Gameplay Analyst in the office, and A remains the most knowledgeable Platform Analyst on the team.

You see, that's really the only way to answer questions with a degree of true finality: take it to the Fields of Justice.
And V swore he/she would get revenge, or his/hers name sin't V?

ecstaSTEVE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaky View Post
Is it possible to get a note from Riot if you have an elo emergency and need to strap down and hit the ranked que?
"guys, teemo's next skin can wait: we have platinum to get. see you in a week."

MyeongVayne

11-27-2012

RobotDamiya owes me an ARAM game

Fat Ninja

11-27-2012

Quote:

You see, that's really the only way to answer questions with a degree of true finality: take it to the Fields of Justice.

If I worked at Riot, every argument I would just interrupt the person I was talking to mid-sentence and yell "TO THE FIELDS OF JUSTICE!" pointing in whatever direction some computers were.

Also, TC, how would you feel if playing LoL while they were at work was NOT allowed, and you just hoed Riot Janook out? Tryndamere comes spinning over his cubicle wall and decapitates him? How would you feel? That's not cool, don't be that guy. Nobody likes that guy.

Noblepeasant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

Quote:
Once upon a time there were three little QA Analysts at Riot Games. We'll call them A, J, and V

Uncle Ryze needed a Platform Analyst and a Gameplay Analyst. And i guess a third Analyst but we don't talk about the short, evil V.

In any case, no one knew how best to figure out which QA Analyst should work on which side of things, so a resolution was sought:

1v1, middle.

Many moons later, the victorious J is the most Senior Gameplay Analyst in the office, and A remains the most knowledgeable Platform Analyst on the team.

Epic

TheMonocleRogue

11-27-2012

I especially enjoy watching the stream of voice actors who work for Riot games. You guys rock.

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

11-27-2012
4 of 8 Riot Posts

What's going on in here? Get back to work.

Khaky

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
What's going on in here? Get back to work.
Translation: Tab back into the game bro you've spawned.

Xoripan

11-27-2012

I once heard that to get a job on Riot Games you have to fight other applicants in a real life summoner rift park, if you manage to survive... You get the job

Thats where all the money they get of skins and stuffs ends up,

Fox P McCloud

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
Riot is a pretty cool work place where you're expected to get your work done, and you're held accountable when you don't.

But how you complete your work is largely left up to you. If you need to take a breather for a bit, or play a game or two...

I really enjoy it, especially compared to previous jobs where I often felt like my every move was being watched and monitored. There's a lot of trust here which is really empowering.
Are there instances of employees who like Riot games, but don't particularly enjoy playing LoL a whole lot or, at the very least, still don't want to play it on the job?