WCG + Video Recording

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silent Reaper

10-09-2010

As many of you who have seen the WCG finals for LoL, many were dissapointed in the following

1) Video Quality
2) Lack of replay at different parts of the map

So, here`s what I thought. Why not instead of trying to live stream, wouldn`t it be better to record the ENTIRE match with good quality and only AFTER, to be able to share/post the match live?
Sure it might be delayed by at most by 1-2 hours, but atleast it will be reasonable to watch.

Additionally, I`m not exactly sure what software Riot uses to record champion spotlights... (I use Camtasia when I play SC2), but why didn`t they install the software on ALL, computers, so atleast for the final, you could watch the replay of the entire game from each players point of view

Although, this recording of WCG isn`t good, im sure Riot next time will be better prepared....

Feyyd

10-09-2010

Better yet, implement a replay function into the LoL client.

Silent Reaper

10-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyyd View Post
Better yet, implement a replay function into the LoL client.
I wish they could implement it, but it would probably be pretty difficult to do, and they probably need more C++ programers to work on it...

Hopefully by the time Season two hits (in like 8 months from now) there will be a replay function

hollywoodAnimal

10-10-2010

Honestly, all a replay function would required would be to timestamp and log all commands server side, then, if requested at the end of the match, the replay could be requested and downloaded. The actual recording of the replay would not take that many lines of code, the request would obviously not take much. The only thing that might pose trouble is the viewing of the replay, in which case I would imagine the easiest route would be to simply reissue commands and the timestamp

Silent Reaper

10-10-2010

Probably easier said than done though? :S

nucleus123

10-11-2010

Yes they need more C++ workers

Laff

Ghettobarney

10-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Reaper View Post
I wish they could implement it, but it would probably be pretty difficult to do, and they probably need more C++ programers to work on it...

Hopefully by the time Season two hits (in like 8 months from now) there will be a replay function
It does not take 2 years to make replay feature, if it actually took Riot this long to do it then frankly I would call their entire company a ******ed failure and demand all my money back.

I hope this won't be the case :<