Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

"im just testing"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

raksonraksonraks

11-27-2012

is the ****tiest ****ing excuse to play like absolute garbage.

if youre "just testing" go play against a ****ing bot.

jesus christ.

Dragon Charlz

11-27-2012

i hear that too often. buy 3 attack speed items doesn't test anything... it just makes it so we lose...

raksonraksonraks

11-27-2012

0/14 zed "dude im just testing"

how about you ****ing test how to not be ****ing garbage. i dont get where testing = playing like complete ****.

IonDragonX

11-27-2012

To some extent, it IS rude to do your testing in PvP. Testing is best done in a custom game with "Testing" clearly in the game name. That way, you can rely on the others to leave your testing alone if you chose and you can actually see the effects of other people testing things as well.

That said, don't be insulting to other people if they are playing poorly and are making excuses out of embarrassment.

Yeroban

11-27-2012

Had a Morde and Zed claim bottom and autolock when our team already had a locked in Sona, who, while she can solo lane, shouldn't. They then qq'ed when I and the other two on the team told them to split up, threatened to afk. They then afked, and would periodically come back still being level 2 just to feed the by level 8-10 enemies. Their excuse was, "we don't care, it's just the pbe, reports do nothing"

Blackthorn

11-27-2012

Its PBE everything is testing. Going into a game expecting to win is plain and simple stupid. You want to try hard and go for the win hop on your regions live server and play a game. I assure you if you get in a game with me I won't be building common items and pushing for a quick and easy win I will be testing off builds, champion interactions with items and new skins affect on gameplay to name a few things.

gaara6666

11-27-2012

I hate those people. "oh its just pbe" "oh its just a bot game" WHY EVEN PLAY THEN?! those people are selfish ****** canoes that only think about themselves and not that other people want to have fun too (ironically it is almost always a player that autolocks darius or Katarina)

Maluss

11-27-2012

Testing on the testing server, what a conundrum

EzraTwitch

11-27-2012

. . .Wow Trash tryharding on PBE Again, Riot really needs to put a ELO Cap on the PBE so they can thin out the herd of people who treat PBE like the actual game. It wouldn't even have to be high like 1300 should do it.

Yeroban

11-27-2012

Yes, the PBE is for testing. But even when testing, is it too much to ask for others to be considerate? Perhaps your teammates want to test the way two late game items play together, like Shard of True Ice and Iceborn Gauntlet, and if you manage to feed, you're making it that much harder for them to do that. You also make the experience less pleasant (you don't have to win for a game to be pleasant).

If you're testing something specific, like a specific item or champion, or interaction, it's best to tell your teammates so they can help, or avoid complicating matters. Furthermore, if you don't need to test something in a PvP match, don't insist on testing it in a PvP if doing so inconveniences others.

And in the end the PBE, while the win rate on the PBE doesn't matter, using "it's just the pbe" as an excuse to do what you like makes it harder for those who are actually testing things and looking for bugs to do so. It's easiest to find bugs for the actual game when playing like it's the actual game. It's difficult to find bugs that might be situation-ally dependent on specific end-game items or champions interacting, when people feeding and playing badly because "it's just the pbe" never let you reach that point in the game.