Not following the meta is not trolling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nicódemus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

just cuz you dont feel like following the meta doesnt mean you are trolling and will get banned, it does likly mean that your team will rage and lose anyway cuz they arnt really trying thus "proving" that your non meta pick was the whole downfall. weather it really was or not.

Dat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

This has to be the worst post i've ever seen.
Meta will change every 6 months according to how people play in normals. Elise top wasnt meta and now it is.

lambofhate

11-26-2012

i play kayle jungle and i end up killing EVERYONE easily including people like rengar and darius **** da police sir.

PrfsrChaos

11-27-2012

As long as you're not trying new and random untested stuff in ranked where people are a bit more attached to their victories...I say go for it and do whatever you want.

Just like "Iambofhate"'s post eluded to, if you've got the gameplay to back it up, there should be no worries.

This is a game of experimentation, with over 100 champs there's no reason why players should be discouraged from experimenting.

Also, new items coming out soon...lots of new items... and jungle changes, and overall champ changes...who knows what the "meta" is going to be once those puppies hit. It's gonna be a whole new ballgame from there.

Xarue

11-27-2012

Not following the meta is not trolling, every body eles can mind there own bees wax, you have the right to do what ever you want but for god sake if your team needs a range bottom and ur a range (even if your not a good one), just go bottom no qwestions asks, they call it team effort, or team work, this is a team game guys get your head out your rear and stop being greedy, but yeah in all seriousness you have the right to go where you want if you called it, really, it dont hurt and everyone eles should shut up, its not like your gonna lose, if you do lose its not because of one person its your team, you all failed because everyone coulnd do anything about it not one player, take responsibility, if you not a team player go uninstall and play somthing eles. Meta's what a joke, its teamwork people.

TheSnuke

11-27-2012

Support fizz never loses!

Zlain

11-27-2012

breaking the meta with untested champs in untested roles in a ranked game = you should be reported. There are bots and normals for testing.

Nicódemus

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlain View Post
breaking the meta with untested champs in untested roles in a ranked game = you should be reported. There are bots and normals for testing.
in my opinion if you are going into ranked of course you should know how to play your champ, but the only things a team need to truly be successful is 1 ranged ad champ 1 ap champ 1 initiator and the and the other 2 can be what ever you please.

if that means we want to put our initiator and a tanky character bot, so be it, if that means the ranged ad solo mid, so be it.

all this stuck mindset of duo bot ap mid solo top bruiser is just stale after doing it for so long. i cant wait for season 3 to start, i wanna see minds being ****ed by team comps

iralos7713

11-27-2012

Whenever my friends and I play premade 5's, we challenge the meta. I have a friend who has jungled Karthus (didn't do to bad) and several times we have all taken smite and gotten dragon immediately, followed by baron at 15 min. Don't challenge the meta in solo queue, people will report you, no matter how good you do.

JRiMi

11-27-2012

The Meta is setup the way it is because its the most efficient way to do things. If done correctly no gold or experience will go to waste. However trying new things is how the Meta got where it is and I'm sure it will change more