Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

All skins should be available for testing in PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dusty Bronco

11-27-2012

It doesn't really make sense to me that certain skins are listed in the PBE store, yet are labeled "unavailable." Doesn't this go against the spirit of PBE - to test?

DarkerNectron

11-27-2012

PBE is for testing upcoming changes,
Skins that are unavailable in the PBE are also unavailable on the main client.
While the PBE can be a place to test skins you're considering purchasing,
it is primarily a server to test for bugs, with a focus towards new/upcoming content.

Dusty Bronco

11-27-2012

Quote:
DarkerNectron:
PBE is for testing upcoming changes,
Skins that are unavailable in the PBE are also unavailable on the main client.
While the PBE can be a place to test skins you're considering purchasing,
it is primarily a server to test for bugs, with a focus towards new/upcoming content.

I will concede this point, but what about when a champion has a visual remake? I.E., Nidalee, who has an unavailable skin. This skin was released and made unavailable even before PBE began. Being unable to test it with the remake means that Riot personnel themselves would have to test it with the visual remake - which is not nearly as efficient (or, arguably, as effective) as having players test it themselves.