Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Game][Minor] Interface

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Llywelyn

11-27-2012

The Colorblind mode only changes the colour of the health/mana/energy bars and those of the enemy.

The large bars at the bottom of the UI remain the same low contrast colours.

While it is esthetically pleasing, the muted green health bar doesn't show up well and for those who are colour blind (I am not) it may not show up well. I'll ask my father to check it out for me... he is colour blind :-) I'm only 52, so am a lot younger than he is at 80

cn0n

11-27-2012

If you mean your own health and mana bars, those are fine.

Source: I'm a colorblind person

Llywelyn

11-27-2012

The bars I meant are the main ones in the UI (bottom of the screen), not the ones on screen above one's head. The light blue for self and red for enemies is a good contrast I believe. How do you percieve the differences with health and mana/energy/rage bars?

cn0n

11-27-2012

I'm afraid I don't know what you mean any more. I believe we're talking about the same thing - the player's own HP and resource (mana, energy, etc) bars, directly underneath their skills.

It's not really a matter of telling the difference between the colors of HP and energy bars -- it's a matter of telling the difference between 100% and 50% on either bar. HP, mana, etc, only need to contrast with their backgrounds, so I can tell how much I'm missing.

As for telling the two resources apart, that's just a matter of location. They could both be blue and I wouldn't care, as long as HP is always on top and mana is always below it.

I personally cannot see red at all. While many people would be confused as to why colorblind mode then helps me, you've got it right: red vs blue contrasts better than blue vs purple, so I can tell them apart. Blue and purple look exactly the same to me, where as red vs blue translates to more of a gray vs blue for me.

Llywelyn

11-27-2012

yes wer are talking the same.... OK that's cool, although you would think they would use a better combination or at least something more highly constrasting for the health and energy/mana/rage bar (center bottom of the screen) in colorblind mode.

Personally, I'd like my health bar to be more contrasting than the muted green used at this time...