for some reason whenever I jungle with Fizz...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dpaladinx

12-18-2012

The enemy team most of the time decides to go on and invade my jungle (I often get blue with Fizz). I know a good tip to prevent invasion is having all or team members hide in brushes to see what if the enemy is invading or not. However, the enemy team invading my jungle seems to happen too often for me when I play as Fizz (less so with Shen and Amumu). And after they invade, the enemy team often go on a gradual lane gank spree to kill more of my teammates until the enter their respective lanes for the laning phase.

Suppose they DO manage to succeed in invading and killed off like 1-4 of my teammates (which includes me), as a jungler, what should I do then? Should I try to invade their jungle as their punishment? Or should I try to gank more?

Now some of you guys are asking why the **** would I jungle with Fizz when there are better options? Well, for starters, my main junglers are Shen and Amumu, and they are often banned. So I decide to use Fizz as my jungler as the last resort when Shen and Amumu are banned. I rarely jungle since I find this to be the hardest role in the meta (and Season 3 made jungling and ganking even HARDER). I do have Rengar as one of my champions, but I have a hard time with his skillset and thus I don't often use him. I also have Master Yi since he does have good mobility and self-heal, but I find his ganking potential to be poor. Also I find Fizz and Amumu to be very cute (have a strong preference of cute champions).

XxxLumberJackxxX

12-18-2012

Step one- I wouldn't jungle with fizz. His ganks are probably pretty bad, and he definitely needs items and kills to snowball. He sucks without items. Keep him in a lane.

Step two- just watch the river for invades. As soon as you see them, LEAVE. and go to their blue.
Its NBD.

Ronyk

12-18-2012

The reason you'll see the enemy team invade on you more often while jungling with Fizz is because Fizz is very lacking if he starts anywhere other than blue (Invading is much easier when you know where your opponent starts), also because Fizz doesn't have a strong cc (nobody wants to invade Shaco. Shen has his taunt, Amumu has a stun), and lastly because Fizz is a little squishy.

Now, what to do about it?
Well, having people stationed around your buff isn't a bad idea, and generally, if you've got a lookout, your teammates will all scram in time. At this point, over the river and through the woods to the enemy blue buff, you'll go. There's no reason all four of you should die during an invade.

Or, you could cut out the middle man, and instead of protecting your buff, take your team to theirs (note, I've had bad luck invading enemy's jungle while playing with random folks I don't know. But good results playing with friends), This may net your team a kill, and will probably net you a blue buff.

Prevention is always preferable over retribution.

Dpaladinx

12-18-2012

So basically, the only effective way to jungle Fizz is to invade their blue right? But similarly, if I try to jungle with Rengar or Master Yi, I'll also get invaded more often than Shen and Amumu (Rengar jungle always start at red, which is no surprise and Master Yi often start at blue). But then again, Fizz has great escape with E, but I start with maxing W first. Ronyk also mentioned that junglers with strong cc and are tanky are less likely to be invaded than squishier junglers. What about escape mechanisms for junglers when things go sour when the enemy team invades. What makes Rengar and Master Yi more viable jungler than Fizz?

Ronyk

12-18-2012

The main reason Fizz will receive ridicule as a jungler is because in Season 2, Junglers needed AOE abilities for their clear speed. It's true that Playful/Trickster is an AOE (as is chum the waters), but Playful/Trickster has a high cooldown, and it's not safe to use your only escape as your jungle clear.

In season 3, however, they've made single-target champions more viable in the jungle. I haven't seen a fizz in the jungle since season 3 started.

Rengar is considered a more viable jungler than Fizz because he's got creep clear with an aoe, a separate ability is his cc (slow/snare), his AOE gives him sustain (important to junglers), and he has superior ganking abilities. (though Fizz's ganks are no joke post level 6)

Master Yi is considered a good jungler because his alpha strike deals extra damage to minions, and for the purpose of jungling, counts as an AOE. He has good clear speed, and his abilities save him money, granting him additional AD without spending gold on it (and he shouldn't need to buy health potions, due to meditation).

As far as escape mechanisms for invaders, sight is power. Having somebody watch the river for the first buff invade, and having wards at the entrances/exits of the jungles can be your escape mechanism. If you know the enemy is coming for you, not being there when they get there is the best escape mechanism.

Don't mistake what I said about invading their jungle. Don't try it if you've got a bad feeling about it. In the end, Season 3 is still new, and the jungle mostly undiscovered. I'm certain there are some hidden junglers. Practice your Fizz and wow people.

One last thing about red buff. Starting there is not the worst idea, but the purposes of red and blue buff differs greatly. Taking the blue buff with increase the jungle clear speed of every jungler in the game. Technically red will too, but while blue is a tool of jungling, red is a tool of ganking. Landing auto attacks to slow your opponent is already worth taking it when you plan to gank. The DOT is just a bonus.