Tired of Troll-Games? [Petition]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Own1ng

12-21-2012

signed

Coccada

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

12-22-2012

This would allow abuses.
"Their compo is much better, let's vote to disband"
"Enemy picked my fav champ, let's disband or I troll"

Just some examples of abuses it could cause. I want to be able to report players at champ selection, but if you want to avoid that game, you should dodge and wait... This way we're supposed to punish trolls and not abuse it yet.

Christin

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coccada View Post
This would allow abuses.

Just some examples of abuses it could cause. I want to be able to report players at champ selection, but if you want to avoid that game, you should dodge and wait... This way we're supposed to punish trolls and not abuse it yet.
30 minute wait? That's encouraging smurfs which I don't think should be encouraged. Precautions could be put in place, and tweaks if necessary.

amefurashi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2012

Signed!

amefurashi

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coccada View Post
This would allow abuses.

People already do that.
"Their team is better, I give up we can't win I'm feeding"
"The enemy picked my favourite champ, I'm trolling"
If we had a way to kick them then we wouldn't have to put up with them.

I think this system should also impact ELO, like if 3 people vote you out for trolling then you lose ELO. That way nobody would want to disband, because it would wreck their rating.

Coccada

Senior Recruiter

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by amefurashi View Post
People already do that.
"Their team is better, I give up we can't win I'm feeding"
"The enemy picked my favourite champ, I'm trolling"
If we had a way to kick them then we wouldn't have to put up with them.

I think this system should also impact ELO, like if 3 people vote you out for trolling then you lose ELO. That way nobody would want to disband, because it would wreck their rating.
Still could be abused...

"Vote to kick player X", the other 4 won't bother if he loses ELO at all.

Coccada

Senior Recruiter

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiNK4g View Post
30 minute wait? That's encouraging smurfs which I don't think should be encouraged. Precautions could be put in place, and tweaks if necessary.
You should be gratefull you don't lose ELO for dodges anymore...

Erdrik

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wallet View Post
Anti-signed.
The game's matchmaking works pretty well overall, despite there being some deviations from time to time. When tryhards see a "troll" in champ select, it's either an inflexible person whose role/champ was already picked by someone else who is trying to inspire a dodge, and will either switch to something valid or dodge themselves when the time runs out, or it's someone playing a non-standard strat. People tend to rage at unusual strats more than bad ones (there's a lot of overlap, but they're not the same thing), so this whole idea is just being mean to outside-the-box players like me.

I exclusively do trolly stuff on my smurf and no one cares because no one is good enough to know what the meta is; my rating's too low because I do trolly stuff. On the other hand, I lane smite/cv or smite/revive on most champs on my main and you should hear the conniptions people have in champ select and the first 20 minutes before I start snowballing; that's because the end result is good enough to keep my rating where people know the meta. Yesterday I got THREE games where a teammate said, "[All] please report troll [champName]"... we won 2 of them, where I went positive, and we lost the other one, where I carried hard as team MVP (sadly, if Shen is getting all the kills, you can assume the team is gonna get overwhelmed and lose sooner or later).

The one ounce of solace I get that keeps me going through people having a tantrum in the first 5 minutes of virtually every single game is that these people who don't understand matchmaking might be less judgmental after they see me perform appropriately to my rating. This feature would just get me stuck in champ select until people weren't paying attention, and the people who don't pay attention are the biggest jerks of all.

In b4 more abuse about how terrible I must be: the point is I'm at a given rating, wherever that is. I don't feel that I'm moving up or down, and I'm pretty much where I deserve to be. People should not be allowed to "kick" me and everyone search again just because they don't like the particular way that I'm as good as them.
Aside from the Trolly Smurf, I completely agree with this post.
Anti-Signed.

And no, LiNK4g, playing outside the meta does not make anyone "what's wrong with the LoL community".
Intolerant attitudes toward those who try something new is one of the things that are tho.

Chasieboombatty

12-23-2012

Signed.

blatstuff

12-23-2012

signed. i want to be able to report the offenders too.