Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Remove items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerglinator

11-27-2012

Quote:
Riot Reinboom:
I'm actually interested in removing these items from the shop (or potentially a slightly different UX for it) in the case of these types of items.
However...

This is why I haven't yet.

It may end up that way as soon as we add a bit of tech for hybrid mode champions.

Why can't it be enabled/disabled like Viktor's Hex Core/Augments. or Rengar's Bonetooth Necklace? Have Tiamat be enabled for all melees and hybrids, and Hurricane enabled for ranged and hybrids?

A cat is fine

11-27-2012

Quote:
Zerglinator:
Why can't it be enabled/disabled like Viktor's Hex Core/Augments. or Rengar's Bonetooth Necklace? Have Tiamat be enabled for all melees and hybrids, and Hurricane enabled for ranged and hybrids?

My guess is that champs like nid don't actually have a flag named "hybrid" but rather they toggle their "melee" flag on and off depending on what mode they're in -- it's probably not a trivial change to their code

SonicTheHedgedawg

11-27-2012

what about chalice or tear items on manaless champions?

Fox P McCloud

11-27-2012

I concur with the OP--if you're a melee champion, you should not be allowed to buy Runnan's---likewise, if you're a Ranged champ, you shouldn't be allowed to buy Tiamat.

There would be a few obvious exceptions to this rule, of course---Kayle, Jayce, Nidalee, and Elise.

There's not a single case where getting Tiamat/Hydra would be a legitimate thing on a ranged carry---likewise, there's not a single legitimate case where getting Runan's on a melee hero would be legit; this is just give trolls something to derp around with and cause a lot of "......you bought that...why..." moments.

Viperious

11-27-2012

Would there be a way to check if a champion is ranged or melee and check if the champion's kit allows it to switch then set the shop up to count those champions as both.

Riot Reinboom

Software Engineer

11-27-2012

Quote:
Zerglinator:

The "required champion" tech was already there. Quite simply, something like "type of champion" (rather than a specific champion) doesn't have tech for it yet.

It's not a matter of if it's trivial or not, it's a question on if it's the most valuable thing for me to implement at this time. The time I spend implementing it is time I don't spend on other item shop features, so it just needs to "bubble up" to the top of the priority.

I will likely end up implementing it while bored waiting for something to compile somewhere however. Even for those tasks, I still keep a priority queue of "awesome stuff to build while bored" however so no promises.

3Ieven

11-27-2012

Quote:
Riot Reinboom:
The "required champion" tech was already there. Quite simply, something like "type of champion" (rather than a specific champion) doesn't have tech for it yet.

It's not a matter of if it's trivial or not, it's a question on if it's the most valuable thing for me to implement at this time. The time I spend implementing it is time I don't spend on other item shop features, so it just needs to "bubble up" to the top of the priority.

I will likely end up implementing it while bored waiting for something to compile somewhere however. Even for those tasks, I still keep a priority queue of "awesome stuff to build while bored" however so no promises.

Reminds me of this comic :P
http://xkcd.com/303/

Zerglinator

11-27-2012

Quote:
Riot Reinboom:

So you can't do the "required champion" tech repeated over 50(ish) times on one item?