Is everybody working out?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThaBizness

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie View Post
Hell yes we looked.

There was no way I was going to drop thousands on baby stuff, for each child, and not know what we were having. We were prepared! Preparation beats out any surprise in the parenting role.
Isn't most of the baby stuff bought for you?

My sister had a baby not too long ago and I don't think she's paid a thing between grandparents, aunts and uncles, and friends.

Seems like everyone else pays for your baby up to the age of 1 or 2.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentpartner View Post
I disagree with this so much

Unless your buying stuff for when their 2+yrs old before their born there's no advantage in knowing the gender.

What does it matter if your 3month old girl wears yellow or green or blue, no1 cares.
As her father, I care, as the husband to her mother (who cares), I care. Ever walk into a baby room that is all green and yellow? It looks horrible, it looks trashy.

Example....my daughter, she is 2.

When we found out we were having a girl I immediately did the following......Bought some nice emeralds, rubies, and diamonds, then handed my wallet over to my wife.

She then proceeded to outfit her room with nice pinks and purples, whites, and blues. Then filled her closest with cloths from birth up to 3 years of age. Since children tend to grow at a fairly predictable rate, we knew that about Summer 2012 she would be in a certain size. So, we purchased accordingly. We purchased the boosters and car seats accordingly as well. We pretty much took care of the first three years of clothing, bedding, girl stuff, in one blow, so we could be ready. We did the same with our two older boys.

The advantage of doing it this way is also financial. Because we were purchasing summer cloths in the "off season", they were far lower cost. If kids go through cloths almost as fast as diapers!

ThaBizness

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie View Post
Example....my daughter, she is 2.

When we found out we were having a girl I immediately did the following......Bought some diamonds
Awww that's a good idea to do a girls room in a diamonds theme. I love diamonds.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaBizness View Post
Isn't most of the baby stuff bought for you?

My sister had a baby not too long ago and I don't think she's paid a thing between grandparents, aunts and uncles, and friends.

Seems like everyone else pays for your baby up to the age of 1 or 2.
To a degree people buy things, but there are limits to it. We aren't going to let family buy her bed, her dressing, etc. If they wanted to buy something we just said "wipes and diapers", we took care of the rest.