Is everybody working out?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThaBizness

11-27-2012

Yeah, I haven't worked out for almost a week but this thread is actually pumping me up to go outside and do something.

Don't you become more active when you have kids?

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaBizness View Post
Yeah, I haven't worked out for almost a week but this thread is actually pumping me up to go outside and do something.

Don't you become more active when you have kids?
Ahahahaha...

Yea, you become active as ****, it is just a different kind of active. Back when I was younger I could run 3 miles in 18 minutes, sheet wrestle for days, and do a million pushups and such. Yea.....not anymore.

ThaBizness

11-27-2012

How does that change?

Going to be a father myself (my first) and I always imagined I'd be in better shape with a kid.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

11-27-2012

Quote:
How does that change?

Going to be a father myself (my first) and I always imagined I'd be in better shape with a kid.
Your sleep is going to go to hell, right out of the gate. You are going to be drained physically and mentally, to the point that when you have any downtime, you will want to rest. Your body is going to force it, it will get that deprived. After that, depending on how many hours you work, you will have many appointments and check-ups for the baby. Taking up more of your now "free" time, when you aren't doing those you will be attending to the needs of the baby directly. Going for diapers, wipes, and other baby consumables. Eventually you will adjust and get schedules and such tightened up, but the truth is for the first year or two, you are on baby's schedule, not yours. As your child gets older you will have more of that once "free" time back.

Did I mention you will need sleep?

I have a 7 year old, 5 year old, and 2 year old. I would wage war against Hell and Heaven for them, and win. But damn do they run me ragged! Being a parent is a lot of work!

ThaBizness

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie View Post
Your sleep is going to go to hell, right out of the gate. You are going to be drained physically and mentally, to the point that when you have any downtime, you will want to rest. Your body is going to force it, it will get that deprived. After that, depending on how many hours you work, you will have many appointments and check-ups for the baby. Taking up more of your now "free" time, when you aren't doing those you will be attending to the needs of the baby directly. Going for diapers, wipes, and other baby consumables. Eventually you will adjust and get schedules and such tightened up, but the truth is for the first year or two, you are on baby's schedule, not yours. As your child gets older you will have more of that once "free" time back.

Did I mention you will need sleep?

I have a 7 year old, 5 year old, and 2 year old. I would wage war against Hell and Heaven for them, and win. But damn do they run me ragged! Being a parent is a lot of work!
I was meant to be a father then I guess. I don't sleep at all. Haven't for about 10 years. I take 15 minute naps every couple of days.

I started not sleeping to sit through 48 - 72 hour sessions of poker. Then I found out 15 minute naps refreshed you the same as 6 hours of sleep.

When the kid pops out it will actually be free time because I'll take time off of work.

Can't say I'm fully prepared but sounds like I have a good head start

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

11-27-2012

Being able to function on almost zero sleep is a huge plus!

ThaBizness

11-27-2012

I have a question for you Postal, did you look at at the ultra sounds or know the *** of your babies before delivery?

We want to keep it a surprise and find out when she has it but I'm guessing one of us is going to cheat and look.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

11-27-2012

Quote:
I have a question for you Postal, did you look at at the ultra sounds or know the *** of your babies before delivery?

We want to keep it a surprise and find out when she has it but I'm guessing one of us is going to cheat and look.
Hell yes we looked.

There was no way I was going to drop thousands on baby stuff, for each child, and not know what we were having. We were prepared! Preparation beats out any surprise in the parenting role.

silentpartner

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

Quote:

If you can tell the *** of your baby by looking at the ultrasounds then your smarter than you post. I took an educated guess and was right, but i was never sure, more of just a hunch.

silentpartner

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie View Post
Hell yes we looked.

There was no way I was going to drop thousands on baby stuff, for each child, and not know what we were having. We were prepared! Preparation beats out any surprise in the parenting role.
I disagree with this so much

Unless your buying stuff for when their 2+yrs old before their born there's no advantage in knowing the gender.

What does it matter if your 3month old girl wears yellow or green or blue, no1 cares.