Elise or shyvana which one to get for jungle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeyonDBetteR

01-12-2014

I can't decide if I should get shy or elise

My favorite jung champ is lee sin and like to do skill shots but I want to be strong lategame to.

saphirraa

01-12-2014

I expect riot will nerf shyv sometime soon. Right now shyv is 1 of the strongest champs in the game. Excellent clear time and excellent damage. However you have to build shyv full tank building damage on her cripples her. Her damage comes from being able to stay alive for a while and deal good damage. Elise is very strong but she takes practice, using her first time wont go too well(unless playing against low level/rank people then no matter what you play it can go well) elise will always be a good champ in my opinion, if used correctly. She does decent damage going pure tank but not the kind of damage a pure tank shyv does. However with elise you can go pure tank if your team is doing good if there not you can easily build AP on her and carry yourself. But if you go AP on elise you have to know how to. Shes not built like an AP carry, going ap is getting ap items with health on it(not rod of ages)or armor or MR. Going ap on her needs to be ap/tank. Her spider form is melee and every melee needs to be part tank or they will die easily..which is why a yi is easily destroyed if you CC him. A melee assassin however they go pure damage to insta kill the adc then there jobs done

MiLdLYirriTaTed

01-12-2014

Consider your playstyle a bit, Shyvana isn't the greatest ganker but she can clear extremely fast and is a counter jungling menace. Elise is the superior ganker of the 2 but is a lot harder to play than Shyvana (though if you can play lee sin well you shouldn't have too many issues with difficult to master champs). I personally like simple and effective kits so my vote is for Shyvana hands down. If you play ranked a lot though Shyvana has one of the highest ban rates (although so does Elise).

BeyonDBetteR

01-12-2014

Ok Ty. I might be getting Elise because I like to do skill shots like lee

I Have 1 Gear GO

01-13-2014

Shyvana. I for one welcome our new power farm jungle overlords.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2014

Elise is pretty much the AP version of OP Lee. As such, playstyle will be relatively similar.

Like they said, Shy is in every freaking pro game atm so expect them to nerf the **** out of her.

BeyonDBetteR

01-14-2014

i got a question when i am about to gank playing elise should i be in human form or spider form also when i am attack jung minions should i be in human form or spider?

Eagle Orion

01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphirraa View Post
However you have to build shyv full tank building damage on her cripples her.
Used to be the opposite. A lot of old build guides went heavy ad, and I used to do that with my masteries even as of last week, and it would work out fine. But lately, I can tell, when she has to be the diver, and soak a few squishy nukers damage, it's not enough to have a tanky build. What I'd use to build on her was:

-Rush mercury's and cutlass.
-FM next
-Atma's to synergize with fm health
-Some form of mr (usually visage, because I would be running lifesteal quints, and getting ruined king)
-Finish up ruined king, and then a hydra

That would put me at about 300 ad, with over 150 mr and armor outside of dragon form, and 3k health with 40% lifesteal. I would wreck tanks and fighters in duals, but something major would be lacking from teamfights. It's a brutal shyv to tango with, but I find what most commonly happens in the current season, is that as the diver in teamfights, you end up with all major squishy nukers pooring into you, and sure, you do a ton of damage to them before it's said and done, but you will die and not with any good trade if your team can't show as much concentration on the backline as super-mobile shyvana can, which happens a lot (Shyvana's just too mobile compared to a lot of ally champs. It's hard to take advantage of that mechanic while at the same time not screwing over your team sometimes.)

I've had quite a few games where I end up soaking the 3 squishies for 10 seconds til I die, while the rest of my team can't seem to get past the 2 man enemy frontline. So by the time I die, no one else but me has focused the enemy backline, even though we were ALL grouped. My team then gets trashed, because they literally got shutdown while 4v2ing for 5-10 seconds (it boggles my mind, but I can still see reasons why it can go down that way.) My guess is that a two man heavy frontline is just a lot more effective then a one-man shyvana frontline. Either that or those teams just sucked. But I dunno, it happened too many times to be a coincidence. Not enough disruptive cc on shyv to both interfere with the frontline and back at the same time.

So I'm probably gonna ditch that build for tankier ones. I just went golem, tabi, sunfire, wit's end, and ga, and I was able to tank a turret for freakin' ever while soaking fed ezreal damage. But the khaz on their team had left midgame, so it's not a good assessment. I'll find out more as I try it.

Ironically, a problem with jungle ad masteries and lifesteal quints is that you have TOO much sustain. I mean, seriously, if you get a machete and 5 pots with that on, you can stay in jungle for a stupidly long time. A few games ago, my first time back, I had enough gold to buy a freakin' tiamat, and I hadn't even really ganked much. Lanes were doing well enough and pushing. The result is, if you wait til the cows come home to finally get boots because you won't leave the dang jungle, you're not gonna be as effective soon enough at ganks, even if you are around more for ganks technically.

domoman99

02-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyonDBetteR View Post
i got a question when i am about to gank playing elise should i be in human form or spider form also when i am attack jung minions should i be in human form or spider?

When ganking, you should always start in human form for maximum damage output. Start in human form, stun them with e, then q, and w, and quickly switch to spider form. If necessary in spider form, e on to your opponent. If not necessary, in spider form, w and q, which should give you or your teammate the kill. When jungling, do the same as a gank, except, dont use your e. Open up with w and q in human form, and switch to spider form and q/w. W will heal you, so if you ever need to heal quickly, transform into spider form and w the closest thing to you.

Piepally

02-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by domoman99 View Post
When ganking, you should always start in human form for maximum damage output. Start in human form, stun them with e, then q, and w, and quickly switch to spider form. If necessary in spider form, e on to your opponent. If not necessary, in spider form, w and q, which should give you or your teammate the kill. When jungling, do the same as a gank, except, dont use your e. Open up with w and q in human form, and switch to spider form and q/w. W will heal you, so if you ever need to heal quickly, transform into spider form and w the closest thing to you.
There are exceptions. If you want to gank through wards you can run into the lane from the tower in spider form, e a minion then immediately switch forms for a cocoon. This works best when ganking winning lanes that would only need the additional cc from cocoon to nab an easy kill.