[GUIDE] Corki: the daring bombadier

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yoplate

11-23-2009

Random Note- I call him the ***** bombadier because of his weird voice+ weird lines.

OVERVIEW
Corki is a flexible champion who can go either DPS or magic. The majority of the guide will focus on magic (because I use magic most of the time). However I will do a short section on it later on.

STORY
I dont want to clutter my guide, but here is a link to it if you want to read the story
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/champ...ing_bombardier

STATS
(see above link)

ABILITIES

Hextech Shrapnel Shells - Corki's basic attacks deal 10% additional true damage to minions, monsters, and champions.
This passive makes him good for DPS, as 10% damage is a lot. It also turns a pure caster into a pure caster with small DPS abilities.

Phosphorus Bomb - Corki fires a flash bomb at a target location, blinding targets in and around the blast. This attack reveals stealthed units around the impact area as well.
Deals 80 / 130 / 180 / 230 / 280(+1 per ability power) damage to enemies in a target area. In addition, the blast reduces an enemy's chance to hit by 35% and reveals nearby stealthed units for 4 seconds.
Cooldown 8 seconds Cost 70 / 85 / 100 / 115 / 130 Mana Range 600

This is an overall useful ability. It is a powerful AoE nuke that gives the enemy miss chance and reveals stealth units (dont forget that IT REVEALS STEALTH UNITS). Shoot it into brush if you think someone is hiding in there, also shoot where you think a stealth twitch/evelynn might be. This is a great ability.
Note: this ability doesnt scale 1:1 with AP, its more like 1:.7 or something (someone wrote a thread on AP scaling, but I am to lazy to find it)

Valkyrie - Corki surges to target location, dropping bombs that create a trail of destruction for opponents who remain in the fire.
Corki surges to target location dealing 60 / 90 / 120 / 150 / 180(+0 per ability power) damage per second to enemies in the fire left along his path.
Cooldown 12 seconds Cost 100 / 90 / 80 / 70 / 60 Mana Range Global

A powerful maneuvering ability that can push you through terrain, for a suprise gank, fly you over the enemy, forcing them to run through your fiery trail to safety, or used to fly away from a gank into your tower. This ability is awesome if used correctly.
Pro Tip: use this ability in narrow forrest paths where the fire trail will cover up almost the the entire path
Note- this ability scales with AP (again look for that AP scaling guide.)

Gatling Gun - Corki's gatling gun fires multiple shots every half second dealing a quarter of his total damage, and shredding the armor of enemies who are under continuous fire.
Corki's gatling gun fires at all targets in front of him for 3 / 4 / 4 / 5 / 5 seconds, dealing a quarter of his total damage and shredding 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 armor with each shot. The armor reduction persists as long as the enemy is under continuous fire.
Cooldown 16 seconds Cost 60 / 75 / 90 / 105 / 120 Mana Range 600

Not a very useful spell for mage corki, as it shreds armor, not magic resist, and does not scale with AP. However it is a highly important spell for DPS corki, as it works with his damage.
Pro Tip- with Rylai's crystal scepter, each gatling bullet slows the enemy (by the single target 35% im pretty sure).

Missile Barrage - Corki fires a missile towards his target location that will collide with the first enemy it hits, dealing damage to units around the target. Corki stores one missile every 14 seconds up to 7 missiles total. Every 4th missile will be a Big One.
Corki fires a missile towards his targeted location that will collide with the first enemy it hits. Each missile deals 125 / 200 / 275(+0 per ability power) area magic damage.

Corki stores one missile every 14 seconds up to 7 missiles at any given time.
Every 4th missile will be a Big One.
Cooldown 1 seconds Cost 20 / 25 / 30 Mana Per Missile Range 1,200

A great ultimate. Its long range allows for harrasment. Alternatively, you can store your missiles and unleash rapidly for some massive burst DPS.
Note- do not be afraid to farm with this, you can easily kill the 3 mage creeps with a couple of missiles
Note2- Again it scales with AP
Pro tip- Fire off some missiles until you have a big one, allowing for a surprise nuke.

SKILL PRIORITIES
Your main priority as mage Corki is as follows
1- your ult, get this whenever possible
2- phosphorus bomb
3- valkyrie
4- GG (get 1 point when you get Rylai's)

DPS CORKI, A SHORT STATEMENT
I do not use DPS Corki most of the time, as I prefer mage, and if you want DPS Corki, I suggest looking somewhere else. However, I will say this on him. Damage > Attack speed because Damage affects the Gattling gun, and attack speed does not. Gattling gun should be your primary spell, followed by Valkyrie.

RUNES AND MASTERIES AND SUMMONER SPELLS
I would go 9/0/21 for Corki, since the Utility tier is my favorite, but I think 21/0/9 would work too.
Runes
I am not really an expert at what runes, but I will state the stats that matter most. (would appreciate a comment about runes, I am not willing to spend money unlocking champs probably untill christmas (where family gives me some). So I am saving IP to unlock the champs not covered by the bundle that I want)
Stats that help you greatly
Ability Power: Your primary damage is from your spells as mage Corki, so AP helps a lot
Health: usually solved by a single RoA. However, sometimes a second one is required
Magic resist: due to your beastial escape mechanism, your main deaths will be from stuns+nuke.
Mana Regen: required for my Corki strategy, which requires consistant useage of abilities.
Nice Stats
Damage: improves the capability of the gattling gun ability, usually not neccessary until late game.
Mana: A large mana pool never hurts. However, I find that I blow through my mana without some regen.
Average Stats
Cooldown Reduction: your abilities have fair cooldowns, and your missiles wont grow any faster with cooldown reduction. The only CDR worth getting is a fiendish codex, which is covered in my item guide.
Note- feel free to pick the masteries and runes for CDR, I just dont see any usefull items except for the Codex.
Armor: generally unuseful, due to your escape mechanism, and the lack of items with AP and armor, but in a team full of DPS, an armor investment would not be unwise.
Health Regen: I dont dislike this stat, but early game lack of regen can be solved by health potions, and late game, your either at nearly full health and laning, or at low health and recalling.
Bad Stat
Attack speed: doesnt affect spells, doesnt help you lane better, no reason to get it for mage Corki.

SUMMONER SPELLS
Anything is fine, but I stay away from clairvoyance, clarity, promote and fortify, and prefer exhaust, ghost, rally and heal.

ITEMS

I usually start the game with a Meki Pendant and 2 Health Potions, but Doran's ring and 1 health potion is an alternative build.

Next, I get boots, either mercury treads if the enemy team has major CC, or sorcerors boots if they dont.

3rd, Rylais crystal scepter is critical. It gives you health and AP, both are valuable and it gives you spells slow. This is essential to Corki as none of his abilities slow or stun.
Note- when you get Rylais, make sure to have a semi-upgraded gattling gun, as the gattling gun works best with the slow.

I then either upgrade the Meki pendant into either a chalice, or a fiendish codex.
Note- Do NOT upgrade to Nashors, unless you have some extra gold and a full inventory, the extra CR and the attack speed are NOT neccesary.

Next would probably be an aged rod, or a rod of ages. This helps with health, mana, and AP.

Now there is a choice
Lichbane- very usefull, as it gives MR, movespeed, AP, mana, and powers up your normal attack.

2nd aged rod, should probably get if you are still to flimsy.

Zhonyas ring- only get if you are not getting hurt, might not want to be your 5th item.

Abyssal Scepter- void staff is better against high magic resist. This item is helpful because of the AP and the MR, and because the MR reduction is an aura

Guinsoo's rageblade- damage can help with your gattling gun, while the ability power is nice. Not recommended

Any tank item- if you are to flimsy, find out if it is DPS or magic, and adjust, feel free to get a tank item at this moment.

Finally, Laning Tactics
Attempt to get a solo lane, but do not fight for one. You are a very capable soloer, but it is not required.

Early Game
Just farm and harass. If the enemy gets to close, shoot a phosphorus bomb to harass him. Dont be aggressive unless the enemy exhibits outrageous stupidity or aggressiveness (which should be punished accordingly)

Mid Game
When you get your Rylais (maybe sooner, but not recommended), you are ready to start ganking. Initiate like this.
1-hide out of site
2-valkyrie behind him
3-phosphorus bomb+missile barrage
4-if you have Rylai's, save GG until he begins to run, if not, use it.
5-kill him

Late Game
although you have massive damage output, and moderate health, try not to get hit by CC, and always help your teamates.
Pro tip- if your team is retreating, phosphorus bomb can be a lifesaver with its enemy miss chance.
Pro tip2-if you know you have a big one as a missile, consider turning around and nuking the weakest enemy you see, you might get a kill, or scare them off.

SUMMARY
Valkyrie and Missile barrage are amazing.
Dont get hit with CC
Dont be stupid.

Benoit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2009

Any feedback?

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2009

i did a search on lizard buff and it's nowhere in the guide.

TKana

12-18-2009

Lichbane isnt an option for AP Corky. I'd hit that before Rylai's.

My gear usually goes :
Meki + 2 HP pots
Sheen
boots
chalice
merc boots (stun heavy team) or boots 2/5 (harrasment, lane control)
HP belt
Lichbane
Rylai's
RoA
Zohnya's
usually, i sell Chalice by now for a Arch staff.

I usually have either won or lost by the time i have Rylai's.

Side note : golem buffs are win

AquaCaliente

12-18-2009

Just wanted to say I tried you build TKana and it worked out rather well, of course the game ended by the time i got Rylai's. The only change I made was skipping chalice and getting tear earlier starting with sapphire.

Though this guide is out of date and before Corki's latest nerf, still a good build all in all but I do wonder if its viable at higher ELO.

poepli

12-27-2009

hmmm magic?
i saw one a long time ago...
i guess i would prefer dmg but have to try this.

how does corki works after patch?
i am wondering who to buy next corki or twitch.

Lancezh

01-12-2010

Just wanted to show some love, thanks for that guide helped me quite a bit the first time with corki

shigeyudz

01-12-2010

I agree that AP Corki is better than DPS Corki. So far, I've been playing with Corki around 10 times, and the games ended at 30th min(on average). For me I would prefer to get ignite n flash, trinity force(build up sheen first), next aim for Rylais. But most of the time, the game ends before the Rylais is up. Why???
I will just give u a picture what usually happens. Lv 1 to 5, focus on farming(solo mid), unless there's a VERY GOOD chance to kill champs. Corki is very good at farming and usually sheen is up at lv 6 or 7. Lv 6 to 9 start dealing with the champ at mid lane. By now I have tons of magic damage(Lv4 Phosphorus Lv4 Valkyrie Lv1 Missile, Sheen+Phage+Boot)
Go gang top or bottom lane(together with my mates of course)

In the next 5 to 10 minutes, my team will own or be owned, depend on my mates. That's why the game will end soon(it's either my team or other team will surrender).

Only once I played till an hour with Corki, lost because of BACKDOOR!!! I got lots of kills though. LOL!!!

This is just opinion based on my experience played with Corki. LOL!!!

imagoood

05-02-2010

I've tryed both builds AP / DPS and i can say that DPS works allot better for me black cleaver + Gatling Gun = GG it rips through so much armor so fast since u can use Gatling Gun and auto attack at the same time it takes people down fast and u can Valkyrie + ult to finish them off if their running away.