Permaban the afk

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darth Grater

11-26-2012

Why doesnt riot permaban the afk in ranked i believe this should be an insta perma ban i mean riot can look at what happened if it was a real DC or if they quit and if they quit ranked they should be permabanned because ranked is the place that people go to get a higher ranking and play with just as good ppl. and due to AFKers some people are stuck in "elo hell" so plz riot permaban the afk in ranked.

Kavrae

11-27-2012

No. There are too many unexpected circumstances where this would become more of a problem than a boon. Sorry, but you'll just have to deal with it.

Skury420

11-27-2012

Personally, 5 leaves per 100 games should lock you out of ranked.

HalcyonicHS

11-27-2012

That's harsh.

I personally feel we should have the option to end the game as a dud if a person is afk/disconnected for >5 minutes - with penalties for the leaver of course. It should help mitigate the rage and frustration that occurs at least.

ShinyPockets

11-27-2012

I like how Dota2 does it, if a person is afk for x amount of time then the game is null and doesn't count for or against anyone and you can just disconnect from it and play another one, personally i think that's ****ing genius, and i think riot could certainly take a page out of that book as a potential solution for the clowns that are making elo hell such a terrible place. But there would have to be a system set up so that people couldn;t just see that they're losing and DC to save their elo.

Sky Mence

11-27-2012

PERMABAN? thats pretty harsh, but maybe let everyone on the losing team get a loss prevented if he dcs for x or more minutes

lockpooh

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedestius View Post
Why doesnt riot permaban the afk in ranked i believe this should be an insta perma ban i mean riot can look at what happened if it was a real DC or if they quit and if they quit ranked they should be permabanned because ranked is the place that people go to get a higher ranking and play with just as good ppl. and due to AFKers some people are stuck in "elo hell" so plz riot permaban the afk in ranked.
The last ranked I did...

Was playing Blitz bottom and heard screaming that could have been from my yard. I call out "Afk a sec" I look out and see the neighbor kid was climbing over the fence to get a ball and he fell off. It's one of those fences that are cut off just above the rail so it's rather sharp at the top. He's cut up his leg a bit and it looked swollen so I went out. Carried him to his house, handed him to his mother, tossed his ball back to his yard and came back.

My team was livid. I told them some kid got hurt in my yard, they said screw the kid! THIS IS RANKED SON! If he's not your kid, leave him there!

Anyone thinks I should leave someone elses kid hurt in my yard cause your Elo is more important has bigger problems than Elo. Your mother didn't raise you right, your ghetto trash or something. Not saying I disagree with your ban, if Riot wants to insta ban me for doing what I did, then I don't want to play this game anyway.

Just saying, not all people afk to get bags of chips and doughnuts. Life happens.

InfallibleEvil

11-27-2012

This is never going to happen. There are too many situations that could arise that could force someone away from the computer. Obviously you aren't a parent.

kyubey1106

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadfox113 View Post
I like how Dota2 does it, if a person is afk for x amount of time then the game is null and doesn't count for or against anyone and you can just disconnect from it and play another one, personally i think that's ****ing genius, and i think riot could certainly take a page out of that book as a potential solution for the clowns that are making elo hell such a terrible place. But there would have to be a system set up so that people couldn;t just see that they're losing and DC to save their elo.
Riot won't do it because "it could be abused."

boo-freaking-hoo. Every other system in place right now is being abused constantly, why not just throw this one in as well? It would do more good than anything else.

They could also just stop preventing suspended players from playing. Throw them in low-priority.

Kavrae

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyubey1106 View Post
Riot won't do it because "it could be abused."

boo-freaking-hoo. Every other system in place right now is being abused constantly, why not just throw this one in as well? It would do more good than anything else.

They could also just stop preventing suspended players from playing. Throw them in low-priority.
Sorry, but this goes from the realm of "abuse" into "breaks the entire system". As was previously said, what's to stop me from just AFKing from every game where I'm beginning to lose and invalidating the match? Multiply this by 5 people on the losing team and even minor punishment doesn't stop it.

Start a ranked match. Give up first blood. AFK-invalidate. Get kicked for a day. Try again tomorrow. Perfect score.