Why is malphite still in such a strong state?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FreakinEpic808

11-28-2012

He's been pick or ban for a reaaaaalllllyyyy long time and his existence on a team renders enemy ad carries of any range completely obsolete. Unlike shen, ali, and blitz malphite could actually be fixed by a number nerf which makes it far more simple. The few "counters" to him are pretty much skillfights anyways so there's really no way around him. He'salso a double or even triple threat(mid,jung,and top).

ND Horus

11-28-2012

clever playing can completely shut him down, as well as counterpicking. Go search the hotshotgg "gg son" malphite ult dodge with flash. if you anticipate it, you can basically dodge it.
i once even saw a malphite trying to ult through a destroyed tower. haha the dead tower stopped him short

MrFisterRoboto

11-28-2012

If I could change 1 thing on him it would be this: make his rock roll slow a skillshot rather than a targeted ability (and that it could be blocked by minions). That's it.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

Few counters? AP in general> Malphite

Jaxller

11-28-2012

in lane, he sucks, in jungle, he's easily counter jungled, and take his blue and he's dead.

Cyraknoss

11-28-2012

I love the enemy picking malphite cause it's rare that he's not picked top, so I counter pick voli build AP and flat eat him after lvl 6, demoralize his team by the time team fights break out as he's given up a billion kills to an armored bear and gotten me my items super fast. He's REALLY easy to shut down. The only reason he's banned so much is that he's annoying with that ult. that is it. Not strong, just annoying so banned.

FreakinEpic808

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyraknoss View Post
I love the enemy picking malphite cause it's rare that he's not picked top, so I counter pick voli build AP and flat eat him after lvl 6, demoralize his team by the time team fights break out as he's given up a billion kills to an armored bear and gotten me my items super fast. He's REALLY easy to shut down. The only reason he's banned so much is that he's annoying with that ult. that is it. Not strong, just annoying so banned.
sounds like a great idea i love volibear, the ap perspective sounds new and interesting!

JJ Unbreakable

11-28-2012

Malphite's only advantage is the current meta.

He breaks AD that goes top. AP top champs break him.

He has good ganks but so do most junglers. He's nothing special in that department.

Kagami

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Unbreakable View Post
Malphite's only advantage is the current meta.

He breaks AD that goes top. AP top champs break him.

He has good ganks but so do most junglers. He's nothing special in that department.
He doesn't break every AD though, for example a well played AD nidalee in top lane will generally crush Malphite because of her ability to constantly poke from bushes, and control a large zone where she can punish him if he tries to last hit.