Consensus on the 3 "Spirit of" jungle items? I'm thinking 2 of the 3 need help.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaigar

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonDragonX View Post
Its not basically 50 AD at all. If you convert the true damage into an equivalent AD you get somewhere between 81 and 121. It all depends on how much armor you are ignoring. From that point of view, this is an AD item that gives +171 AD.
Its less than that. The damage is dealt over 3 seconds, meaning you are adding only 22 true dmg per tick tops. Its a weird item for sure.

Vsin

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonDragonX View Post
Its not basically 50 AD at all. If you convert the true damage into an equivalent AD you get somewhere between 81 and 121. It all depends on how much armor you are ignoring. From that point of view, this is an AD item that gives +171 AD.
*blinks*

Please tell me you're not serious. 66 True OVER THREE SECONDS cannot possibly add up to 81-121 AD. At best, it's 81-121 DAMAGE. OVER THREE SECONDS. If I'm an AD Caster, or even an Autoattacker with 1.0 AS, the difference is easily closed with no more than 40 AD, if that. Even then, the 40 AD number is assuming that my Bonus AD Ratios add up to ~2.0 and I only autoattack once. If I so much as throw an extra autoattack into the equation, the number drops to around 30, another drops it to ~25, etc.

The DoT is only useful in the extreme case where you have a spammable AoE ability that can apply the DoT repeatedly.

Colere

11-27-2012

Hello,

I wanted to add to this conversation. I am currently about 700 games in live with Jungle Kayle. I have transitioned to playing some games on the PBE. I tried the Lizard buff item to find that the true damage effect applies to any hero/minion hit by Kayles melee attack with E up. It seems pretty useful in that sense if you are going a hybrid build.

I require a few more games on the PBE to test further as the skill level of the players is a bit below the normals i usually play and everything has been a stomp so far.

Fisherman Fizz

11-27-2012

I just don't like that the ONLY AP item for junglers has spell vamp as one of its primary stats. I want to try Fizz jungle since he actually has a pretty nice clear, doesn't get hurt too badly by camps and has amazing ganks, but I don't like buying spirit stone and then just leaving it there without upgrading because none of the build paths are cost effective on him.

SonicTheHedgedawg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

Eve jungle main chiming in here that spirit of the spectral wraith is amazing.

And I've tried Spirit of the Lizard elder and it is great on hecarim, and it seems like it'd be good on any AD caster who jungles.

IonDragonX

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaigar View Post
Its less than that. The damage is dealt over 3 seconds, meaning you are adding only 22 true dmg per tick tops. Its a weird item for sure.
I guess you are right. It certainly does help in trades/poke, tho.

Emailsupport007

05-19-2013

its op now

DreadPirateLynx

05-19-2013

threadomancy ftw

Arc insanity

05-19-2013

Spectral wraith is still rally good

Elmanbeastio

05-20-2013

ALL the spirit stone items are amazing atm. Even with the change on butcher from true damage to magic(which only really affects dragon/baron but gives you 11 magic damage or more instead of a flat 10 true damage).

The spirit items are so good that MANY laners are picking them up.