Consensus on the 3 "Spirit of" jungle items? I'm thinking 2 of the 3 need help.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Mayo NA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

So I have been constantly looking through the new items theorycrafting, testing some things out in games, and looking over the forums wondering what people think about them. Unfortunately, I've seen almost nothing on the forums about what people actually think of these items so far. So here I would like to ask what you all think of the 3 items and how they can get changed if needed.

1.) Spirit of the Ancient Golem - I feel this is the only good upgrade from the Spirit Stone so far. The health, slight bit of armor, regen, and monster damaging stats actually feel RELEVANT to me on this item over the other 2 because this more so fits the criteria of what a tanky jungler actually needs: health, a bit of armor, TENACITY (the best part of this), and some extra monster killing power. I can actually see most junglers getting this item.

2.) Spirit of the Elder Lizard - This one I have some mixed feelings about. I really cannot see why an AD jungler would get this instead of a Wriggle's or just plain ignore both and get other AD items, such as Hexdrinker, Brutalizer, or even tanky items like an Aegis or Randuin's.

I like the potential sound of the "burning" passive, but I don't think that the passive alone, especially for 2400g, would make me consider this item on an AD jungler.

3.) Spirit of the Spectral Wraith - Again, this item falls under two flawed spots that I feel that the Elder Lizard does; it feels expensive, and I don't think I'd ever honestly consider it on an AP character when I could itemize differently going for flat out higher AP by buying almost both a Needlessly Large Rod AND Blasting Wand for this price (just 60g off), or going defensive AP, like Abyssal/Zhonya's, or beefier with Rylai's/RoA.

TL;DR I feel that the Spirit of the Ancient Golem is the only Spirit Stone upgrade that seems worth buying. It fits in many spots for many champions, and not even just junglers. I could definitely see someone else grabbing it for its stats on a tanky champion. The other two item's stats seem a bit low, odd, and conflicting when those specific types of champs could itemize better (wriggle's) without having to spend so much on purely the jungle (which they are pretty much doing).

How would I change the other two though? I'd like to say to just lower the price, but that may not be the best solution, though I think it would help quite a bit. I'm just not creative enough to make of a better variation of the items.

Any and all feedback is welcome, especially from Reds. I'd love to know what they really expected with these item (or the two in specific).

Estroth

11-26-2012

Spirit of the elder lizard works on singed posion trail so its actually really good on him, it procs on every tic.

Best Mayo NA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

^But why would Singed want to spend 2400 gold on an item that would only benefit him SOME of the time with his poison if he hits with it. Singed really doesn't care for any of those stats either.

And why am I getting down voted for asking a legitimate question? What is wrong with this community. -_-

Jaigar

11-26-2012

Lizard Elder is good on Hecarim apparently as his Q will apply the True damage. I see it only being an option on AD based junglers who aren't AA based. In other words, a very small group.

Spirit of the Spectral Wraith is actually strong on Diana Jungle. The Spell Vamp and increased monster damage make a nice combo. Its also good on Fiddles, but thats kindof obvious.

Xhandel

11-26-2012

Spirit of the elder lizard is not only for AD jungler, it is great on elise, alistar, even on warwick.

Vulking

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaigar View Post
Lizard Elder is good on Hecarim apparently as his Q will apply the True damage. I see it only being an option on AD based junglers who aren't AA based. In other words, a very small group.

Spirit of the Spectral Wraith is actually strong on Diana Jungle. The Spell Vamp and increased monster damage make a nice combo. Its also good on Fiddles, but thats kindof obvious.
Actually Hecarim works way better with the Golem upgrade since it allow him to get Swiftness Boots (Furor) (reduced slows, more MS, more chasing power) instead of Merc's.

Beside, in my opinion there are much better items to deal damage, have more utility and be really disruptive for AD junglers that the Lizard Spirit, like getting Iceborn Gauntlet and Black Cleaver for example.

Jaigar

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulking View Post
Actually Hecarim works way better with the Golem upgrade since it allow him to get Swiftness Boots (Furor) (reduced slows, more MS, more chasing power) instead of Merc's.

Beside, in my opinion there are much better items to deal damage, have more utility and be really disruptive for AD junglers that the Lizard Spirit, like getting Iceborn Gauntlet and Black Cleaver for example.
Yeah, I'm aware of the new swiftness boots(I did some testing on them a few days ago), but there are some games where having slow resistance won't matter and the extra damage is more important.

Vulking

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaigar View Post
Yeah, I'm aware of the new swiftness boots(I did some testing on them a few days ago), but there are some games where having slow resistance won't matter and the extra damage is more important.
but more MS do boost your overall damage indirectly so is not a huge lost, beside, more mobility is always important with Hec, specially since FoN was removed.

Best Mayo NA

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulking View Post

^This is exactly why I brought it up in the first place. I feel that the utility of other items, jungle or not, (Wriggle's being a great example) seem like they'd be more worth it overall.

I can understand the Hecarim/Skarner getting it thing, since the true damage is actually a bit better than expected when considering your tanky character is just doing his best to live in a fight, but ends up actually dishing out a good deal of damage, but I don't feel that it has the stats or utility to make up for missing out on all the other good items out there.

And I'd honestly rather not even consider the Spirit of the Spectral Wraith on Diana or Fiddle when I could, as I stated in my original post, buy straight up AP, which does more damage to jungle creeps anyway since they have no MR in the first place (or very little), or tanky AP. I honestly can't think of a time that I'd prefer Spectral Wraith over something similar, such as a WotA, which has more utility still.

Kyle700

11-26-2012

Spectral Wraith is pretty interesting because it gives vision. I think its range is unlimited, will have to check that.

And the reason you would buy it I assume is so that you can make use of the Machete that you bought, instead of throwing it away.