Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Bye bye Avarice blade

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fox P McCloud

11-26-2012

Quote:
IonDragonX:
I agree with the OP. This is not a good choice considering that its price was increased and its crit chance was decreased. I really was looking forward to using this on some jungle champs but now its kinda bad. Jungle already has money problems.

Let's try to strive for accuracy here---the price of the item is the same, but the amount of stats it gives has gone done; additionally, the passive has been completely gutted unless you have near perfect CS.

Put another way: it was always the worst of the GP10 items---why make it even worse?

The Sound

11-26-2012

This sucks, I was just starting to like it too. Oh well, its still not final, I hope they change it back.

Jaigar

11-26-2012

I was thinking that this could be a good early item on nocturne jungle, but now, it simply just doesn't pay the same.

Avarice blade is the worst designed gp10 out of them all. Unlike Kages or Philo which provides a more direct benefit, avarice only provides a scaling one through crit; it doesn't allow your abilities to hit harder or to use more abilities and sustain. It only lets you get 200% dmg hits 10% of time making it very unreliable. And the last thing you want in competitive play is to bet on that crit chance.

Even though its equivalent to 8 AD for your AA attacks with 80 AD base, it doesn't help you last hit any easier nor does it provide scaling with abilities.

It would have been borderline OK if it was 3 gp10, but flat out 2, its not worth it anymore.

XVIII The Moon

11-26-2012

Quote:
CooLTanG:
Well math is near solid but here I'll lay it out:

Current Servers:
5gp10 - so 5x6 = 30g per Minute

Test Realm Pre Nerf:
4gp10 + 2gpMinion = 24g + 3 minions per Minute = 30g/min for same gold as live servers (30 creeps in 10mins)

Test Realm Post Nerf:
2gp10 + 2gpMinion = 12g + 9 minions per Minute = 30g/min for same gold as live servers (90 creeps in 10mins)

6 minions every 30 seconds, meaning you need near perfect farm (~3 minions) to have the blade equal to what it was before. That is something that most people can not match.

ShadeOfRed

11-26-2012

I think they should go for a middle road. 4 gold per 10 was too high for the additional 2 gold it gave per kill, and 2 is clearly pretty low math-wise.

I think they should have gone with a passive 3/10 and kept the +2 per kill.

IonDragonX

11-26-2012

Quote:
Fox P McCloud:
Let's try to strive for accuracy here---the price of the item is the same, but the amount of stats it gives has gone done; additionally, the passive has been completely gutted unless you have near perfect CS.

I was referring to the season 2 Avarice Blade, which was 750 gold, 12% crit and 5g/10s.
The other two gp/10 items saw a reduction of price and stats. Why should the Avarice blade get reduced stats and become more expensive? Then get nerfed. It doesn't make sense.

CooLTanG

Recruiter

11-26-2012

yeah I believe should be at least 3gp10 but I'd much prefer it to be 4gp10 obviously by the end of the line items are mediocre anyways, static shiv being maybe the most viable and still not the top one due to phantom dancer being better.

DNeon

11-27-2012

I've made a thread about this in GD, but quite frankly, it needed a nerf. HOWEVER they've nerfed the absolute wrong part. It has multiple abuse cases where it can get you a lot of extra gold (tiamat GP, looking at you). It's also better than the other GP10s in relation to what it gives to the class, and that is where the problem lies. Like OP said, it pressure's you to be farming in order to make use of it (the ammount needed to break even isn't that hard to get), but that is precisely the opposite of what you want a GP10 for, you want one when you're losing lane/are having trouble CSing. Because of this, you'll only want to keep it when you're winning lane, therefore it's become a snowballing item, making winning lanes win harder.

^That last line is exactly how they described HoG before they removed it. They need to nerf the gold per kill, not the GP10.

CooLTanG

Recruiter

11-27-2012

then they'd have to buff the crit % majorly since, the gp10 feature wasn't enough for those to get it on live servers before they nerfed the crit % here anyways.... idk, I like the creep kill gold feature, but could just buff it more and take away the gp10 all together.

Wshmo

11-27-2012

Players at my level will not be able to make use of avarice blade then, especially me. I was looking forward to using it on noobcrit champs top.